Share your A2A Tactics

My trick is getting the balance right between analysing and timing of events that would work best to my ability to perceive and react in flight situation.

Knowledge is part of the experience and the experience is a part of the in-flight reaction.

I might as well reveal some of the true nature of tricks that are useful to that part of experience…

2. Mig-29s launches 2x ET-27 and you don’t know about it but you might see a missile launch, 4s-12seconds latter he/she launches 2x R-77 and you might think that you have the visual and electronic reference and that it puts you in the position of R-77 dodge, but before you know it, splash ET got you whilst the Mig that flew at 90 beam turns and flies to base no matter what.

3.Tacview.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

2. Mig-29s launches 2x ET-27 and you don’t know about it but you might see a missile launch, 4s-12seconds latter he/she launches 2x R-77 and you might think that you have the visual and electronic reference and that it puts you in the position of R-77 dodge, but before you know it, splash ET got you whilst the Mig that flew at 90 beam turns and flies to base no matter what.

This shows the importance of never making the mistake of flying in a straight line to the bandit at the same altitude, your making yourself easy prey to cheap shots. Best to stay out of the way of maddogs then chase the guy down when he's cold and unsure of your position.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

was watching Dogfights show, and saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5AbpZ3tcLg&feature=related at 5:47 as they call it "soviet anti eagle tactic" :music_whistling: And i was surprised, its just what i do in Lock On when fighting against F-15's :)

Edited by ObvilionLost

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5472_1.gif[/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Win 10 | i5-6600K | 16GB DDR4 RAM | MSI Radeon RX480 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek X52

Zeus Gaming Community

It's 'anyone' anti-anything-with-radar tactic. You may have noticed that the F-15's weren't terribly worried about it and continued on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

i was going through the desert storm dogfights on you tube and am quite surprised that the iraqi mig's were such easy targets, if that is an accurate portrayal of actual events.

i mean u get an rwr warning from that close ur first reaction would be to turn to either side and dispense chaff rather than go straight into that missile.

could somebody clear fact from fiction here :)

also what was their payload like(mig29)?

--NiTiN--

My tactic depends on terrain. On flat area I go up to 10.000 meters and spam R-27EM. Many people say it is crap. But many poeple are hit by my crap. So it says for itself :).

On not flat area - mountains - I usually go low and hunt for another planes. Many pilots do mistake and fly F-15 in canyon, when this plane is really, really poor. As Su-33, Su-27 usually can't engage more targets than 1 in one time try not enter to fight with many enemy planes, it can be suicide :D. In canyons I always have my eyes floating on cabina from left to right, up, and back with Helmet Mode. And last - be aware, be smart, be always faster than enemy.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Knowing about tactics and preform them successfully is two different things.

When flying in HL in a packed server as a lonely pilot there is several things u could think about.

Not get fixed on one bandit. Try to get as close as possible to ur bandit before launching ur missile. Remember to bug out when the situation is not clear. 1vs1, if bandit turn tail on u suddenly(possible losing lock ) there is a big chance u are having ET,R-77,AIM-120 flying in ur direction, dont fly straight at that point, use some countermeasures. Best way defeating missile is turning tail, no other fancy maneuvers.

Su-27/33/mig-29s SPO changes mode when active missile(R-77/AIM-120) turn on seeker, U can see SPO lights getting closer to the left side as missile approaches.

Edited by Teknetium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

That would be because us sim pilots are spoiled and we think the RWR would ALWAYS give you a warning - we ALWAYS expect to have PERFECT INFORMATION. This is not the case in reality. The RWR or radar might plain not be working - the radar targeting you might be using some waveform that the RWR doesn't recognize so well, or the jammer of the opposing aircraft might be causing it issues.

Sim pilots also really like their missile warning. In RL, you might not get a missile warning at all - ever - with modern missiles. Just the enemy radar lock tone. Note that one F-15 goes completely defensive the moment it is locked up by the mig.

It is posisble that in some cases the mig pilots were either confused, or failed to see the missile launch to react to it.

I think if you go back in the history of aerial warfare, the majority of targets will seem 'easy' in one way or another.

i was going through the desert storm dogfights on you tube and am quite surprised that the iraqi mig's were such easy targets, if that is an accurate portrayal of actual events.

i mean u get an rwr warning from that close ur first reaction would be to turn to either side and dispense chaff rather than go straight into that missile.

could somebody clear fact from fiction here :)

also what was their payload like(mig29)?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

that's the only thing that was working for the Iraqis, everything else was destroyed radars/ewrs/comand centers and so on, that's why it looked so easy, and that's why the Mig-25/29 pilots made strange decisions. I would think they had no other information provided about the sky rather then their own radars.

The fight would get in to F-15s favor in even most feir engagements between mig25/29A, But I doubt it would look that easy.

Mig-25 dont start a turning fight everyone know that, there must been a reason he did that?

Edited by Teknetium

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

About MiG payload and the F-15s going defensive on lock, I've also that the F-15 pilots were briefed that the Iraqi MiG-29s were probably only Fox two capable, but they were still going to treat them as if they were Fox one capable and not take any chances.

Edited by RedTiger

Knowing about tactics and preform them successfully is two different things.

When flying in HL in a packed server as a lonely pilot there is several things u could think about.

Not get fixed on one bandit. Try to get as close as possible to ur bandit before launching ur missile. Remember to bug out when the situation is not clear. 1vs1, if bandit turn tail on u suddenly(possible losing lock ) there is a big chance u are having ET,R-77,AIM-120 flying in ur direction, dont fly straight at that point, use some countermeasures. Best way defeating missile is turning tail, no other fancy maneuvers.

Su-27/33/mig-29s SPO changes mode when active missile(R-77/AIM-120) turn on seeker, U can see SPO lights getting closer to the left side as missile approaches.

When i'm flying in Lock On, i don't have any tactics, alter after the sortie is done then i start seeing what tactics i had used.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5472_1.gif[/sIGPIC]:joystick:

Win 10 | i5-6600K | 16GB DDR4 RAM | MSI Radeon RX480 | TrackIR 5 | Saitek X52

Zeus Gaming Community

was watching Dogfights show, and saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5AbpZ3tcLg&feature=related at 5:47 as they call it "soviet anti eagle tactic" :music_whistling: And i was surprised, its just what i do in Lock On when fighting against F-15's :)

awesome video, I love that show.

What I don't understand is that it seems the F-15s never fired BVR AIM-120s before merging.

Q6600 @ 3.8GHz, 8GB DDR2-1000, 8800GT 512MB, Vista x64, TrackIR4

I was surprised they named that " a soviet anti eagle tactic". If they

are that basic then they would be destroyed fast in the world of lockon.

Probably the narrators werent allowed to tell more interesting details, so they

had to keep the audience interested somehow.

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

as far as i know, the f15 werent loaded with 120's back in desert storm.

the amraam was still in the early stages of its life and only a few f16's were carrying them, and i think this was when the first recorded kill from an amraam was made.

ahh gotcha, for some reason I thought the AIM-120 had been around longer.

Q6600 @ 3.8GHz, 8GB DDR2-1000, 8800GT 512MB, Vista x64, TrackIR4

According to something I heard, it was a good tactic but because of the tactical formation of the F-15 flight, the MiGs were actually unable to notch the entire flight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It didn't enter service proper until '91 IIRC, although it was being tested long before that.

ahh gotcha, for some reason I thought the AIM-120 had been around longer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

actually a maneuver what works very well in lockon. Pap-AS style.:music_whistling: (considering AWACS is off lol)

one hides his turn with short ECM desending low cold or beam then notching left low....the other drags slighty right with radar on (spike) to place his wingy for a flank attack. and turns "at call" cold and other in.

:smilewink: kinda fake bracket with drag staying first close and fooling with timed ecms and so far

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

actually a maneuver what works very well in lockon. Pap-AS style.:music_whistling: (considering AWACS is off lol)

one hides his turn with short ECM desending low cold or beam then notching left low....the other drags slighty right with radar on (spike) to place his wingy for a flank attack. and turns "at call" cold and other in.

:smilewink: kinda fake bracket with drag staying first close and fooling with timed ecms and so far

But very easy to see through.

Counter is to turn around and wait for the low flyers to run out of fuel ;)

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'