Stuttering at Close range.

On 2/21/2021 at 5:24 AM, shu77 said:

Yeah I have shadows on Flat at present is it worth dropping them? 

DCS is suggesting 90FPS is there some other way to monitor without FPSVR? 

yes DCS has an ingamr Frames counter.. RCTRL+ Pause/Break key press twice for more info..

MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus / Intel i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz / Coolermaster 212x / Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB / Asus 1080GTX OC / G. Skill RipJaws 32GB RAM 3200MHZ XMP PRofile / Samsung Odyssey Plus VR / HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker game simulation

LOL I had missed the frame time reference on the second screen.  For the most part mine seems to be sitting around 21-22.  

I bit the bullet and tried overclocking tonight.  it seems to sit happily on 5.0Ghz at about 72(c) degrees. This upped my Unengine Superposition benchmark from 14356 to 14739 but has completely resolved my stuttering issues even on Syria. 

for reference to anyone having a similar problem I am running the  WMR for Steam plugin using "Use Steam Settings" and for Steam I have it on Enable Smoothing and Use Legacy Projection.  Screen Res is currently on 60% or about 2200x2184. I'm currently running per Speed for Heats setup in his sig otherwise and using the VR Shaders.

Thanks very much to everyone for their help and suggestions, I'll continue to tweak the res. but was finding Steam VR was wanting to crash DCS after being opened a couple times tonight. 

My only remaining issue now is a shimmer in Syria which I didnt seem to be getting in the other maps. 

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

from memory the second screen is a combined frame time, which is sort of useful but it doesnt help in the CPU vs GPU discussion , though on a 3080 the only place the GPU should be an issue is if you are running our of vRAM 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Just an update for those having this issue, I have MSAA set to 2x now, and have moved per big daddys suggestion on page 1 to WMR set to Auto and Steam set to Enable with Legacy reprojection off.  Seems to be about the same, but the MSAA has improved the shimmer I was seeing slightly.  Still a solid 45 on Syria with Page time seeming to be the cause.  Main issue seems to have been processor clock speed, given its happy at 5.0 and not too warm Im inclined to leave it there.

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png