Warthog slider setting with AB detent

Gamerdoc

I would experiment with curves such that being up against the detent yields max continuous RPM (~102% IIRC) with nozzles full aft (full forward thrust) and going higher is for the time limited settings.  You can do this in flight and should only take a minute.

I have (not installed at the moment) a push through AB detent .  With 0 curvature, I reach the detent at about 80% RPMs. I did try  an user defined curve to get to 100% RPM at the detent but I did not like the feel of the throttle after that, It didn't have enough definition for VL and the force required to pass the detent made the Harrier jump... 

I have an old Cougar with 4 push through detents.  I was using a thumb rotary as the nozzle position.  I found Hovering all but impossible.  I switched axes so now, from "min" to "max", my "throttle" goes Full Reverse Nozzle->detent->92-85deg(great for hover work)->detent->82-38deg(pull to middle of that range for STO then let rest against detent)->detent->35-28deg -> detent -> 25-0 degrees (where the cannon works)

On 2/21/2021 at 5:36 AM, Gamerdoc said:

Would anyone have a good slider setting for Warthog throttle with AB detent in place?  I don't want to keep changing the detent when I play Harrier vs other planes with AB.

Thanks.

That's easy and works for any other plane without AB (I use it on the A10C, sabre, warbirds, harrier...)

Just go to the Axle settings, go to the throttle axle, axle settings, put the axle as a slider and put the deadzone so the axis is at 100% just before you reach the detent. In my warthog is around 37.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]