Warthog slider setting with AB detent

I would experiment with curves such that being up against the detent yields max continuous RPM (~102% IIRC) with nozzles full aft (full forward thrust) and going higher is for the time limited settings.  You can do this in flight and should only take a minute.

I have (not installed at the moment) a push through AB detent .  With 0 curvature, I reach the detent at about 80% RPMs. I did try  an user defined curve to get to 100% RPM at the detent but I did not like the feel of the throttle after that, It didn't have enough definition for VL and the force required to pass the detent made the Harrier jump... 

I have an old Cougar with 4 push through detents.  I was using a thumb rotary as the nozzle position.  I found Hovering all but impossible.  I switched axes so now, from "min" to "max", my "throttle" goes Full Reverse Nozzle->detent->92-85deg(great for hover work)->detent->82-38deg(pull to middle of that range for STO then let rest against detent)->detent->35-28deg -> detent -> 25-0 degrees (where the cannon works)