New in VR technology.

JVC’s Enterprise XR Headset to Launch Next Month in Japan David Morelo February 17, 2021

Impressive specs, but also claim for absence of visual aberration due to the use of lenses, HP and other manufaturers have a lot of work to do...

Your thaught?

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Well, it certainly has interesting resolution specs. My two questions would pertain to how much SDE it has if any, and then obviously performance. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What does "enterprise" mean ? $3k ? And i think for combat  flight sims the vertical fov would be problematic . Doesn't look to comfortable either .

Would love to be wrong about all of this , as i'm being put off the G2 by all the qc issues and update problems , and am looking forward to more hi-rez launches ....

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

How does it achieve stereoscopic depth vision without the lenses? Sounds pretty great. I assume it's expensive?

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

19 hours ago, Svsmokey said:

And i think for combat  flight sims the vertical fov would be problematic .

If it doesn't have the blur assotiated with lenses out of their sweetspot, it might not be as much of a problem as it seems...

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

How does it achieve stereoscopic depth vision without the lenses? Sounds pretty great. I assume it's expensive?

I read "mirrors" and big direct displays. How that actually works, I have no idea.

That being said one of the biggest costs and problems IMO with current gen headsets are the lenses, good glass ain't cheap. I had a good amount of chromatic abberation in my G1 headsets at the edges, and while that is a fairly simple thing to "fix" from an optics perspective its not "cheap".

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I dont think we should expect VR technology to get cheaper sonn, unless there is a clear increase in volume of sales which is not going to happen this year methink...

I explore every possibility including this one, the tech is interresting, the cost unknown yet but already, we have what we're looking for, a better picture. Wait and see.

21 hours ago, Lurker said:

It does not need the lenses to achieve Stereoscopic.. it is done by the two screens and our brains..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

1 hour ago, The_Nephilim said:

It does not need the lenses to achieve Stereoscopic.. it is done by the two screens and our brains..

Yeah, still can't quite wrap my brain around it. Since that would mean that using this headset I can scan around the scene with my eyes. This is something that is currently impossible with regular VR headsets, and is actually quite a gamechanger. The whole FOV is the sweetspot. Sounds, very, very cool. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, still can't quite wrap my brain around it. Since that would mean that using this headset I can scan around the scene with my eyes. This is something that is currently impossible with regular VR headsets, and is actually quite a gamechanger. The whole FOV is the sweetspot. Sounds, very, very cool. 

I Think the higher end headsets like the Xtal of the Varjo ones are more or less that, you just gotta pay to play.

23 hours ago, Lurker said:

It's one hell of a cool feature, we're going to see more and more of those in the future which is good for us...

On 2/26/2021 at 3:08 AM, Lurker said:

Yes, I would love to see this new feature in a commercial headset.. I am still trying to figure out if the mirror is warped or a sphere of sorts or similar..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2