Gun-turret... nothing else... just a gun-turret... no turret - no buy :-)

-Mop-

I was disappointed at first that we were not getting one with a turret.

But I have since got over that disappointment.

The GSh-30-2K has a rate of fire 300-2600 RPM and muzzle velocity of 940m/s

compared to the Gau-8 3900 RPM and 1010m/s

so its almost an A10 in a helicopter.

the barrels in the GSh-30-2K are 2.4m long compared to the GSh-30-2 in the su-25 which are 1.5m why the K has extra muzzle velocity.

And I have been firing the hueys front mini guns fixed for years because the co pilot never fires at the target I want him too.

So I reckon I can have a lot of fun with the extra dakka available to the mi-24P.

And I wont be annoyed by the target selection of the AI.

• Like 5

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I don't want an apache.

I have right eye dominance.

which means I will need to drive around with a pair of women's panties on my head like Nicholas Cage. 🙂 

• Like 5

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

1 hour ago, ResonantCard1 said:

Too bad. Because the Apache has that beloved gun turret and the Hind doesn't.

I think you are confused. I'm not agreeing with the sentiment of the OP.

My first post clearly states I'm Happy with the mi-24 P.🙂

• Like 3

The P's cannon is down right majestic. It's a 30mm flying buzzsaw as opposed to the D's  12.7 peashooter and the V's "Thank you, sir, may I please have some more?" 23mm turret.

• Like 4

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

There are no other missions than killing in DCS. Suppression is not a thing. Either a gun can kill APCs, Trucks, and other light vehicles or it is borderline useless. The 30mm will be significantly more useful in the context of DCS than a machine gun could ever hope to be.

• Like 6

turret would be great. 

• Like 1

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I just wan't the Hind. Whatever version, I don't care. I wan't it. I wanted it since the first time I saw it. Since I can't have a real one, this is the next best thing. I wan't it tomorrow. No, strike that. I wan't it today. Bring on the Hind. Bring on the Mi24p. 

• Like 5

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

46 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I just wan't the Hind. Whatever version, I don't care. I wan't it. I wanted it since the first time I saw it. Since I can't have a real one, this is the next best thing. I wan't it tomorrow. No, strike that. I wan't it today. Bring on the Hind. Bring on the Mi24p. 

Same. The waiting is killing me, flying the 24 has been a dream of mine since I was 5 or so...
At least let me pre-order it already, that will confirm it's coming soon lol

• Like 3

On 2/21/2021 at 1:47 AM, ResonantCard1 said:

Too bad. Because the Apache has that beloved gun turret and the Hind doesn't.

I don't think anybody is asking for an M230 on a Hind...

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

12 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

I don't think anybody is asking for an M230 on a Hind...

Maybe not whatever the Apache has, but I think most people asking for a movable gun turret in the Mi-24 are asking for it because otherwise the Hind wouldn't be similar enough to the ultimate attack helicopter, the Apache. And that's not good.

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

15 hours ago, ResonantCard1 said:

Maybe not whatever the Apache has, but I think most people asking for a movable gun turret in the Mi-24 are asking for it because otherwise the Hind wouldn't be similar enough to the ultimate attack helicopter, the Apache. And that's not good.

Oh bloody hell, this again...

Or maybe it could be due to the fact that the minority of hinds had fixed cannons and the overwhelming majority of hinds and hind variants had trainable turrets; including the most produced variant, the V, which is also probably the most iconic hind; if you google 'mi-24' the variants that mostly appear are the V and the D - both with trainable turrets. Plus, it looks cooler.

I really couldn't care less about comparisons to the Apache.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

9 hours ago, MiG21bisFishbedL said:

You both should make a switch to less caffeine. 

Haven't drunk any in at least a year :smilewink:

System:

11 hours ago, ResonantCard1 said:

I swear to god you are either obsessed or either trolling. It has nothing to do with the ah64, the fact is that the most produced variant of the ULTIMATE gunship helicopter, the hind, is the mi24v that has a movable turret. 

• Like 3

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

Makes sense to want what's most representative of the aircraft in question and would enable use to fly their most usual missions. Special variants should, in general, come later.

For example, as much as lots of us would like to fly, let's say, an F4, it would be a bit of a disappointment if it came (at least first) in the recconnaissance variant, right? This is the same.

• Like 1

Starting around 1982, the Mi-24P gradually became the main variant in use by the Soviet Air Force. As of 2021, it's the only variant of the second-generation Mi-24 family in use by the Russian Air Force. For all intents and purposes, the Mi-24P is the only variant that covers almost 40 years of uninterrupted active service with its original customer. This customer is also one of the two major factions in DCS, and it has used this specific variant primarily in many regions depicted in game in the last 30 years (Dagestan, North Ossetia, Chechnya, Abkhazia, South Ossetia and across Syria). There are only two other Mi-24 operators with territory in current DCS maps - Georgia and Syria. Georgia is an Mi-24V operator, but Syria has also primarily been using the Mi-24P this century.

Yes, the Mi-24V was the most numerous variant, but the bulk of these numbers are spread across export customers in central and eastern Europe, Africa and Asia. For Syria and the Black Sea region, the Mi-24P is objectively the better variant in both numbers and functionality.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Lucas_From_Hell said:

There are only two other Mi-24 operators with territory in current DCS maps - Georgia and Syria. Georgia is an Mi-24V operator, 

In fact, they use BOTH variants...

2c2d7a0f0575acc2a2b6a572b91a6a3a.jpg

• Like 3

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!