(Nvm, we're screwed) Future Nvidia GPUs will block crypto mining

Is it?

• Haha 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

My in-game DCS settings (PD 1.0 SteamSS 76%):

EduSYaK.png

• Mars Exulte changed the title to (Nvm, we're screwed) Future Nvidia GPUs will block crypto mining

The thing I want to know is how so many miners got hold of so many. I have been looking since day 01 and I have never even seen the "add to basket" option at any UK retailer for a 3080. I think I saw a 3070 twice in January. Its a shame but I know three people with a 30 series and they all finally gave in to buying them on eBay. 

Just how many of these things went out the back door of the factory. Didn't one guy in China have something like 50+ of these hooked up???

Its not shutting the door after the horse has bolted but when its out of sight and the dust has settled!!!

Edited by Bossco82

I’m happy that I can soon get a “GPU?” that is better for mining and still have one for gaming!

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

12 hours ago, Bossco82 said:

The thing I want to know is how so many miners got hold of so many. I have been looking since day 01 and I have never even seen the "add to basket" option at any UK retailer for a 3080. I think I saw a 3070 twice in January. Its a shame but I know three people with a 30 series and they all finally gave in to buying them on eBay. 

Just how many of these things went out the back door of the factory. Didn't one guy in China have something like 50+ of these hooked up???

Its not shutting the door after the horse has bolted but when its out of sight and the dust has settled!!!

Bots scouring online retailers and instantly purchasing any that are listed. And it's not necessarily the miners that are grabbing them first, a lot of the bots are run by scalpers.

I just want to make sure I have not given the wrong impression. I don't have a problem with miners buying graphic cards.

I'm no fan of scalpers using bots that's for sure.

My point is there are miners out there with a lot of either nvidia 30 series or AMD 6000 series graphic cards. They could not have bought them from all from scalpers or retailers. A popular manufacturer was caught scalping their own products. My issue is the manufacturers advertising something as available for sale but for some reason it doesn't make it to the retailer.

I also wonder how retailers are coping. They have nothing to actually sell so they can make a profit. 

Yeah but then you still run a 2nd hand 3Dfx card...

Win10 Pro 64-bit, i7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Corsair H100i, AsRock Extreme4, ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC 11GB, 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill 2400. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, Oculus Rift S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

45 minutes ago, Mower said:

I have no idea why we should care about this...

You don't have to... unless you've been trying to buy a GPU at some point in the last 2-3 years since all this bs started and are facing a combination of massive supply shortages, shitty business practices, and greedy, scum sucking scalpers. Then it becomes something you're likely to have a greater interest in. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

Hope the Crypto mining market takes a massive nose dive and  all the miners dump all their cards on the market, lets see what happens to all the inflated shop prices then.

• Like 2

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32meg, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2070, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q

Its a bad show all round really. Both Nvidia and AMD advertised a MRSP at launch. Then when they actually are available that price is a distant memory. A mate of mine his GTX 1080 properly failed with no come back or repair possible. He bought a 3070 off eBay last week for over £800. 

Even when I found an AMD MSI 6800xt the price was high but worth it considering what my 2080ti was now worth. When it arrived it had a corrupted vBios and I had to send it back for a refund. I'm glad I did some upgrades in August last year so I can sit tight and wait until this crazyness ends.

I built my new system last year March so next month it will be a year old.

I put a GTX 2070 in while waiting for the release for the 3000 series....and i'm still waiting!!!! what a complete farce .

I'm prepared to wait it out until prices become more "manageable" but I refuse to be fleeced by greedy vendors.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32meg, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2070, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,Saitek rudder pedals, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q

2 hours ago, cordite said:

Nvidia was selling 3000 series cards directly to miners.

A guess, or proved?

Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z-97 Pro Gamer, 32 GB G.Skill Trident X DDR3-2400, Asus GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Hotas Warthog + 7cm extension + Delta Sim´s Slew Mod + Sahaj´s Green Spring, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals

16 hours ago, cordite said:

Ask this guy (this isn’t the first time he’s alerted the media):

https://www.lowyat.net/2021/231315/crypto-miner-installs-mining-rig-inside-boot-of-bmw-i8-just-to-annoy-gamers/

I so hope crypto tanks again, spectacularly.

That's... actually pretty cool, especially the turbofan looking thing. I mean, there was some thought put into that one =D I question the wisdom of putting something like in view under the glass, though. Good way to get your car keyed or broke into. I mean, ffs, an unattended walmart bag or Amazon box will usually get the job done, let alone something like that.

I actually don't mind mining persay, the irritating bit is the greed of ''money for nothing'' and the large scale selfishness and inconsideration shown by the people and corps involved.

Edited by Mars Exulte
Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov