CCIP mode vertical line does not come out vertical

Aja

15 hours ago, JeffreyC said:

Have had the same problem as well. No idea why it's marked "correct as-is" especially without any explanation from ED. It doesn't make sense the system can't figure out which way is down so drastically especially when the waypoints course for the aircraft track without issue at the same time.

Exactly, that's the same question I keep asking too: how can this be an INS alignment problem, if the ONLY THING it affects is the CCIP line?  If the INS was severely mis-aligned, ALL of your attitude and likely position indications would be completely wrong. 

This bug is specific to CCIP; it's not a general INS mis-alignment.  It's also not user error... and it's also very much not "correct as is".

• Like 1

out of curiosity i made a simple mission with tanks on tarmac at beruit. i took off hot start from stennis. i did two sorties. one with gbu-12s and one with cbu-99s. when i designated the target with flir the dils looked correct. i do not want to sound diminutive but on this last screen shot i do not see any sensor as soi and do not see spi. is it possible the targeting is whacked somehow? 

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• ED Team

Hi all

if you think it is a bug please add a short track replay showing the issue and any evidence you have. 

thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, JeffreyC said:

Naturally when planning to save I can't line up with the cat and look like a dork driving around the deck 😛 But at least was able to reproduce the issue and showed both proper INS alignment prior to takeoff and doing an IFA after takeoff did not correct the problem, so a success in achieving the goal 🙂

Just to clarify: I was not suggesting you do an actual In Flight Alignment.  If GPS is available you should set the INS to IFA rather than NAV after you complete the alignment on the ground and before you release the parking brakes or move.  I can't comment on whether it's a bug or not, but others have found that solves the issue you're seeing, and switching it to IFA is the proper procedure regardless of the CCIP line issue.

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all

if you think it is a bug please add a short track replay showing the issue and any evidence you have. 

thanks 

Provided in another bug report on this issue but here is one here also for CCIP. CCRP it takes the target being in the completely wrong place, when it registers at all and not just flips the lineup from one side of the hud to the other.

CCIPWrong.trk

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Santi871 said:

I have already reported this.

Several of us have, which is why it's kinda interesting that this thread received the "correct as is" tag.  Pictures and tracks have been posted... how can the CCIP line angling off almost 90 degrees in straight and level flight be considered "correct?"  🤔

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JeffreyC said:

CCIP is independent of any target. CCRP is the one based on a designated target.

yes that makes sense. either way, without any special preparation, taking off hot from the stennis, i did not see the error. if i am doing a AG mission i always take a flir. and i always use it for designating a target. i do not even see the ccip dil until i turn on target with 15 degrees or less. i am just offering suggestions. i will try it without flir. is it a particular weapon?

Edited by silverdevil
grammar

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I think when they updated the INS system to support AINS with GPS available a but was introduced when doing the coding for it. It happens with all weapons that support CCIP and CCRP as well as the uncage target slewing on the Walleye. In all cases it only seems to happen with cold start and no GPS. All had seemed to work fine prior to that update, so think it's a case of adding a new feature also created new bugs. 🤦‍♂️
Your CCIP will show any time you have A/G mode on and a bomb in CCIP mode no matter where you are, which help for making testing short 🙂