Hornet wingmen crash into each other after Kiss off command (Supercarrier)

Dear Community,

My flight of four Hornets can not land as the AI aircrafts keep colliding with each other after I give them the "Kiss off" command. I have tried several times, one way or another they keep on crashing and ejecting. Sometimes they even crash to me.

I give them the Kiss off command above and a little to the right of the carrier at 350kn and 800 feet, heading the BRC, just before I start my break turn.

The flight is extremely tight, like a Blue Angels formation, and the smallest corrections ends them up crashing to each other. Also before making the break turn to the left, the AI wingmen dip their wing a little to the right (into the formation...) before turning hard left. 

Earlier it worked more or less all right, now I can't figure it out.

I have tested with Tomcats, too, that seems to work fine. They fly much farther away in the pattern and they do everything correctly after kiss off.

Stag

• ED Team

please include a short track replay showing an example. 

I will move this to AI issues as it seems to be an AI problem. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY

I have tried to replicate while recording did not succeded. However this time I was struck by my number 2. I have saved the track and I  have found an extremely interesting thing. The saved track does not look like at all like I have seen things from the cockpit. I have tried to save the track and save a video at the same time and it confirms (unfortunately I can not upload the video as that is way bigger than 5 mb).

I have uploaded the track and a few screen shots what I see from the cockpit.

First screenshot is just while flying towards the ship. In cockpit it looks like this is a very tight formation, but in track the planes are tens of meters away at least.

Second screenshot is when we almost fly over the ship before break.

Third and fourth: just after the kiss off command. Nr. 2 turns left right into my plane and crashes. But the track show somethig totally different...

Will try a few more times to re-create when the AI wingmen crash into each other.

EDIT: the pictures are not in the correct order for some reason... sorry. 

hornet 1.jpg

hornet 4.jpg

hornet 2.jpg

hornet 3.jpg

@BIGNEWY

And the track attached.

hornet landing 2.trk

Edited by stag1978

• ED Team

Hi, 

in the track you are not using comms for entering the pattern, the AI are trying to keep formation, and dont actually know you are intending to land.  

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

Actually I do. Just it is not seen or heared in the track. I use VAICOM Pro and Voiceattack. I ask inbound to carrier, than I report "see you at 10" than checking in at approach, than receive charlie from carrier at the stack, than fly around for the break, calling kiss off. It is that moment when everything goes haywire. 🙂

Do you want me to try with the classic menu items, if it is different?

Do you have any ide why the track is completely different than the real flight itself?

Thanks

The screenshots are from the very same flihgt than the track. The track does not show what happens in the cockpit... While flying I see the AI wingmen coming very close after I ask inbound to carrier. They keep a very close (maybe too close? sometimes I just cant turn slow enough not to crash into them or them into me) formation (right echelon), lower the hook when I do, keep this very close throughout the flight until the "kiss off" command is given. Then all hell breaks loose. 🙂 They crash into each other, or they crash into me.

I will try to upload the video I have made about the same flight (very bad quality, sorry) to a google drive and share with you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZaOqloqv4wPDH1kqurzeTEk-FMYyJi1c/view?usp=sharing

Edited by stag1978

I’m only going from the screenshots, but for the break - aren’t the wingmen on the wrong side of you for a left hand break into the pattern?

Just a thought however - I would stack them on your port wing.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

@garyscott Hi, I dont think so. They should be right echelon, the flight lead breaks left first, the nr2 flies straight approx 10-15 more seconds, break left, nr3 10-15 seconds later, and nr 4 again 10-15 seconds later. If they are at left echelon, they would turn into each other...

This is not a carrier break turn, but the logic is the same. 

3 minutes ago, stag1978 said:

@garyscott Hi, I dont think so. They should be right echelon, the flight lead breaks left first, the nr2 flies straight approx 10-15 more seconds, break left, nr3 10-15 seconds later, and nr 4 again 10-15 seconds later. If they are at left echelon, they would turn into each other...

This is not a carrier break turn, but the logic is the same. 

Yeah, real world. The AI however may not behave accordingly.

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.