GMT to FLIR priority the easy way😏

henikbrec64

Since I like to see what I'm shooting at and be able to reject or switch targets quickly, the FLIR has to be the sensor of choice.  It's not easy to find a moving target at a 'standoff' range though... here comes GMT radar mode. It filters out everything but the targets you're looking forso finding and acquiring a mover takes about 2 secs. Now, if we could force the priority to FLIR...  all we have to do is turn away from the target so it barely disappears from the radar page. On the same DDI, bring on the FLIR. It should already be on the target and have full priority.

Well, I have to make the best of what we have currently...  routerlogin

Edited by henikbrec64

For me, and I'm sure it's a RTM thing, I can lock up using Radar and then in the other display I see the auto lock with FLIR.  That's great.

What I don't like is that if I unlock (with FLIR as SOI) it'll undesignate and fly away.  This is a pain if It's locked on to one mover, but I want a different one using the FLIR.

33 minutes ago, MrReynolds said:

For me, and I'm sure it's a RTM thing, I can lock up using Radar and then in the other display I see the auto lock with FLIR.  That's great.

What I don't like is that if I unlock (with FLIR as SOI) it'll undesignate and fly away.  This is a pain if It's locked on to one mover, but I want a different one using the FLIR.

Yeah, undesignating will remove the TGT making the TPOD go into snowplough mode. Hornet can only have one TGT at a time, you cant have one for the FLIR and one for the Radar if thats what you are asking.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

4 hours ago, Swiftwin9s said:

Yeah, undesignating will remove the TGT making the TPOD go into snowplough mode. Hornet can only have one TGT at a time, you cant have one for the FLIR and one for the Radar if thats what you are asking.

Yeah - It's a shame that the TGP doesn't take over control of the targetting when it becomes the sensor of interest.  Use radar to acquire, jump to TGP and then tweak.  Such is life hey!! 🙂

Edited by MrReynolds

Im a little confused what the problem is here tbh. 

GMT, Castle right to make ground track the TGT
FLIR, Castle toward FLIR to make it TDC priority

FLIR, use the TDC to slew the pod and press TDC to make the TGT track the pods cursor.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

4 hours ago, MrReynolds said:

Yeah - It's a shame that the TGP doesn't take over control of the targetting when it becomes the sensor of interest.  🙂

Yah, I'm with Swift here and confused as well. It does work that way. Use GMT to track a moving target, then set the FLIR as Priority and you can move the designated target wherever you want. It's pretty simple.