Nothing about this game is easy...

Boompaw4

These type of threads, with no actual request for help, serve absolutely no purpose at all ... what do you expect to accomplish?

• Like 8

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

49 minutes ago, Boompaw4 said:

password doesn't work, game doesn't work, help? can't find it, have to create new topic on here for help. Start up page doesn't work, im signed is but game doesn't except same sign on...  etc, etc. 

Everything works really well for me. Sometimes there are problems, but not what you describe. What are you describing?

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

What's the problem dude?  There does seem to be a bug with the startup page at times.  I see the DCS World title page, but then blackness, or it hangs on the title page.  I usually just restart my computer, and clear out memory.  Then it works.  Your sign in name and password should be in your ED account.

You can go here -

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

and hit the support button near the top of the page.  That should get you some help.

Hitting that button will also take you to a page to help recover your password.

Welcome to DCS!

Edited by 3WA
  • Like 2

you have 2 passwords. one for your ED ACCOUNT and another Account for the forum.

make sure you use the right one in the right place.

you need your ED logon for the game, not the forum logon.

you can reset your ED password at the ED homepage, before you go into the forum. also check the username you are using.

top right of the homepage.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

11 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

These type of threads, with no actual request for help, serve absolutely no purpose at all ... what do you expect to accomplish?

Exactly what has been listed here so far including your thread... I have gotten 6 times more help here, [six posts] then anywhere on any help page I have found for this game.  

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Tricky11 said:

Something wrong between your seat and keyboard by the sounds of it. Perhaps if you explained exactly what was happening we could answer your question 

Can’t get a full screen, I can use any resolution on my laptop but when I go to the game it gives me this resolution and this half screen, I need the full screen so I can correct the problem with what looks like a multi screen display in the game. 

213028AE-45ED-434B-AAD1-685E0D4071D0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tricky11 said:

Something wrong between your seat and keyboard by the sounds of it. Perhaps if you explained exactly what was happening we could answer your question 

Can’t get a full screen, I can use any resolution on my laptop but when I go to the game it gives me this resolution and this half screen, I need the full screen so I can correct the problem with what looks like a multi screen display in the game. The screen below is what I’m supposed to have

image.jpg

3 hours ago, Tricky11 said:

There's always a nut behind the wheel.

ASUS Z390 / Intel i7-9700K / 32 GB DDR4 / 1080Ti / HP Reverb 2 / Thrustmaster WH&TPR

Heath and Allen Zedi8 / TrackIR / Momo USB monitor / Akai MPD218

• ED Team

Hi

please read here for adjusting your screen, it looks like you have selected the incorrect monitor setup 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/custom_settings/#1825373

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Boompaw4 said:

Can’t get a full screen, I can use any resolution on my laptop but when I go to the game it gives me this resolution and this half screen, I need the full screen so I can correct the problem with what looks like a multi screen display in the game. 

Check the file \Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua ... you can edit with a true text editor like Notepad++ (dont use the Windows Notepad) .. check the lines:

["height"] =

["width"] =

Correct to the proper values for your monitor and then save the file.

Edit: If you use just a single monitor, check this line too:

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "1camera"

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Or simply delete that options.lua and let DCS create a new one.

You then start from scratch with your settings (controller bindings will still be there).

• Like 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

10 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

Or simply delete that options.lua and let DCS create a new one.

You then start from scratch with your settings (controller bindings will still be there).

Was wondering if anyone was going to post that. You beat me to it, Lange_666

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

@Boompaw4

Take your time. Your frustration level will drop to zero once you get the feel for things here. And, once you get to flying, if you are a noob flying, you are going to see just how complicated flying (in real life) is. This is a military grade STUDY simulator. With that in mind, take your time. Most real pilots take years to get really good at their machine. But, once you ARE good at flying, you will not be able to stop doing it. DCS is the easy and cheapest way to get close to it.

"For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

15 minutes ago, =Mac= said:

Was wondering if anyone was going to post that. You beat me to it, Lange_666

Yes, it's an option .. but why reset every seting when you could just fix the monitor setup?

Edited by Rudel_chw

1 minute ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, it's an option .. but why reset every seting when you could just fix the monitor setup?

Editing that could be intimidating to a newcomer. Deleting a single file will be easier and fix his screen size problem.

On 2/20/2021 at 1:25 AM, Boompaw4 said:

password doesn't work, game doesn't work, help? can't find it, have to create new topic on here for help. Start up page doesn't work, im signed is but game doesn't except same sign on...  etc, etc. 

If you bought it from Steam and haven't tried to play it for more than 2 hours, you can get a refund if you're still stuck.

But it sounds to me as if you simply need to click the correct buttons in the game setup and your monitor display to get it working.

Try setting the game resolution to the same reso as your monitor, and maybe check that your vid card is the same too.

Another trick is to click 'Default settings' to see if your system will choose its own preferences. 

PS- but once you're into the game it's as easy as pie to learn providing you don't jump into scenarios.

Personally I find the best way by far with this game and many others is to create a tiny scen in the editor inside 5 minutes (with just one tank or one plane) and learn to drive and fly them like the back of your hand before adding more units bit by bit..:)

Edited by PoorOldSpike