Viewport Center is displaying behind my MFCD displays on my external

I have a 4 monitor setup. The 3 I have for viewing everything view center each monitor is 1920x1080 and then the 4th one is 1600x9000 on the very right. Its used for my MFCD but for some reason I get them on there but it disHSBMFD1_original.luaplays also my center view behind the MFCD data. My Lua file is attached and written below. I can see the changes in the MFCD when I hit the buttons but when I'm flying around I see the whole cockpit change in those displays as well. that 4th monitor is a USB to VGA touchscreen monitor. Let me know if that is an issue. I ran out of DP and DVI.

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('HSBMFD1');
Description = '3 Screens and L-R MultiMFD'
Viewports =
{
   Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 5760;
          height = 1080;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 5760 / 1080;
     },

LEFT_MFCD =
        {
          x = 5760;
          y = 0;
          width = 525;
          height = 525;
        },

RIGHT_MFCD =
        {
          x = 5760 + 960 - 525;
          y = 0;
          width = 525;
          height = 525;
        },
}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center
LEFT_MFCD  = Viewports.LEFT_MFCD
RIGHT_MFCD = Viewports.RIGHT_MFCD

Can you post a screenshot of your Display arrangement from Windows Settings/System/Display, or the equivalent from the NVIDIA (or whatever graphics card you have) control panel?

PS: you write "... and then the 4th one is 1600x9000". I suppose that should be 1600x900?

• Thanks 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

I did mean 4th one is 1600 x 900.

I'll attach multiple screenshots

Display_setup3_1920x1080.JPG

Display_setup4_1600x900.JPG

Cockpit_POV.JPG

MFD_displays.JPG

Cockpit_POV_zoomed_fullout.JPG

MFD_displays_zoomed_out.JPG

It starts out zoomed in super close so then I have to zoom out as much as it'll allow. Then my MFCDs show what my main 3 monitors are showing in the background on that 4th monitor.

If even capable I'd really like the MFCD buttons on the 4th monitor because its a touchscreen monitor which would allow me to not require buttons but I dont believe that's possible.

So my main concern is trying to get all the MFCDs and UFC on the 4th monitor without the cockpit view on there as well

I had a look at the cockpit.lua and am wondering about the marked positions. Assuming that you want the 2 MFCDs side by side I would say it needs to be like 

x = 5760 + 525

With x = 5760 +960 -525 both should interfere. 

The two lower lines are something I don´t have in my lua and I believe they are not necessary. Try to put "--" in front or delete them and see what is happening.

Additionally I see in my lua that I have 2 pairs of brackets for the Center, marked in orange in the attached extract. Additionally the "," behind some of the brackets aren´t existant in my lua.

And the picture with the GUI is how my Cockpit.lua ends. This ensures the GUI is only displayed on the center screen and not on all 3. There are other ways but mine works in a good way since a long time.

Attached you find your lua with my modifications. Give it a try and let me know the outcome.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Xoxen_proposal.lua

Edited by xoxen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

I agree:

1. x value for RIGHT_MFCD should be 6285 or a little more. His 4th monitor is 1600 wide so there is plenty of space.

2. The last 2 lines in his .lua file are redundant although they might not harm. They should be deleted.

Still I cannot make sense of what I see in his cockpit screen shot.

1. Why are the monitors arranged in a 1-3-2-4 sequence. It would seem natural to arrange them as 1-2-3-4 from left to right.

2. Question I forgot to ask: what did you enter as "Resolution" in Options/System? Per your hardware it should be 7360x1080

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

50 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

Still I cannot make sense of what I see in his cockpit screen shot.

1. Why are the monitors arranged in a 1-3-2-4 sequence. It would seem natural to arrange them as 1-2-3-4 from left to right.

In my lua the Center is in two pairs of brackets ("{"), in his lua the final closing bracket is behind the second MFCD, so all is included into the first opening bracket. At least this is a major difference. I´m no lua expert and can only judge by comparing. Additionally he has some "," behind some of the brackets, don´t know what they are doing. Lets wait if my proposed lua makes a difference.

Regarding the arrangement it is up to the GPU, which gives the monitors the numbers. So he would have to physically re-plug the cables to the appropriate ports to get the sequence "clean". Only a visual thing, the Computer doesn´t care about the numbers 😉

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

The remark about the curly braces and the commas is pertinent.

@Puddle: I have re-arranged your original .lua file based on the formats in my working files, with corrected x value for the RIGHT_MFCD:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('HSBMFD1');
Description = '3 Screens and L-R MultiMFD'
Viewports =
{
   Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 5760;
          height = 1080;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 5760 / 1080;
     }
}     

LEFT_MFCD =
      {
          x = 5760;
          y = 0;
          width = 525;
          height = 525;
      }

RIGHT_MFCD =
      {
          x = 6285;
          y = 0;
          width = 525;
          height = 525;
      }

Please try this file!

LeCuvier

@xoxen and @LeCuvier thank you both. My monitor setup is good now. with the two MFCDs on the 4th monitor without the centerview on them as well. As far as the monitor configuration numbers. my graphics card GTX970 decided to stop displaying from DP2 which caused me to plug in the micro hdmi to the monitor and having my numbers all changed around.

Do any of you happen to know if I can display the buttons for the MFCD on the 4th monitor as well? I'm trying to see if the touchscreen will work.

Great to hear. Regarding the buttons there are extra programs like Helios. I'm not that deep into it but if you search the forum you should find something.

Thanks for the feedback! This Helios looks interesting, setting it up is probably a nice project which might take some time though. I looked at the intro on Youtube and it sounded very technical. It would be great indeed if we had the clickable buttons on the exported MFCD, I often find myself trying to click on the secondary monitor...

LeCuvier

• 2 months later...

I have an aspect ratio problem myself and also have a multi-monitor setup. My main view is squashed and am looking for suggestions. My MFD exports all work fine. It's just my main view is squashed.

Screen_210513_205508.png

The aspect ratio definitely displays incorrectly but it's set properly in the options menu.

Screen_210513_205549.png

Anybody have ideas? I probably overlooked something simple! Any help would be greatly appreciated.DansMonitorArrangement.PNG

Here's my monitor config file:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('DansDCS1');
Description = 'Multi-monitor configuration'
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 3840;
          height = 2160;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = screen.aspect;
     }
}
-- F-18 ------------------------------------------------------------
F18_HUD =
{
     x = 4170;
     y = 185;
     width = 270;
     height = 380;
}
LEFT_MFCD =
{
     x = 3840;
     y = 768;
     width = 500;
     height = 500;
}
RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = 3840;
     y = 1268;
     width = 500;
     height = 500;
}
CENTER_MFCD =
{
     x = 4873;
     y = 65;
     width = 714;
     height = 680;
}
GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Screen_210513_205531.png

Edited by DH14300

@DH14300 How did you manage to export the FA-18C HUD?

I added these lines to the file "AVQ32_init.lua"

dofile(LockOn_Options.common_script_path.."ViewportHandling.lua")
try_find_assigned_viewport("HUD")

and added these lines to the monitor setup LUA file

HUD =
{
     x = 2560;
     y = 380;
     width = 512;
     height = 512;
     aspect = 1;
}

But the HUD does not export to the secondary monitor.

LeCuvier

LeCuvier- In the same file dhange the word 'COLLIMATOR' to 'COMMOM' on line 13 or so:

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON -- was COLLIMATOR

You should now see it exported although the fonts and lines are thin. Working on that this weekend and I'll share any improvements I find. Any suggestions for my 'squashed' main screen problem? It's driving me crazy! There should be separate horizontal and vertical FOV adjustments somewhere. Changing aspect ratio in the Options screen has no effect. Aaaarg!

I fixed my issue! A little more research and a couple edits did the trick-

In my monitor config:

Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width = 3840;
          height = 2160;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 3840/2160; --changed this
     }
}

and...

--GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center --remarked this out

@DH14300I changed the indicator_type per your suggestion, but the HUD does not export.

I also changed the viewport name (in both files). No result. Frustrating!

This is my .lua:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('FA-18 HUD_RDDI_AMPCD_IFEI');
Description = 'FA-18 HUD, RDDI, AMPCD and IFEI, camera on the center (on main monitor)'
--Game screen size set to 3600 x 1440. Hardware: Main monitor 2560 x 1440; second monitor 1680 x1050 on the right.
Viewports =
{
     Center =
     {
          x = 0;
          y = 0;
          width  = 2560;
          height = 1440;
          aspect = 2560 / 1440;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;

}
}

F18_HUD =
{
     x = 2560;
     y = 380;
     width = 512;
     height = 364;
     aspect = 512/364;    
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = 3075;
     y = 380;
     width = 512;
     height = 512;
     aspect = 1;
}

CENTER_MFCD =
{
     x = 2560;
     y = 900;
     width = 512;
     height = 512;
     aspect = 1;
}

F18_IFEI =
{
     x = 3075;
     y = 1150;
     width = 430;
     height = 167;
     aspect = 430/167;
}

-- GU_MAIN_VIEWPORT = Viewports.Center

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Changing the indicator_Type from COLLIMATOR to COMMON made the gun useless for both air and ground targets. Also the HUD indication was spread out too wide.
I changed it back to COLLIMATOR.

LeCuvier