Jump to content

HOTAS Fuctionalities


Recommended Posts

On the Attack format it should be possible to change the azimuth by bumping the cursor on the left and right sides of the tactical region.

 

On the Attack format it should be possible to select almost every option with the cursor instead of using the pushbutton.

 

On the SA format you should be able to use the cursor to increment / decrement the range by bumping it near the top and bottom of the page.

 

On the SA format the Event Marker button on the stick should toggle the Expand (EXP) function.

 

The Castle switch actually uses the depress as a modifier. IFF interrogation should be depress then right, not just depress. Depress then aft I believe pulls up the TGT DATA format.

 

Castle forward twice quickly toggles EMCON mode.

 

There are some other missing "HOTAS-related" functions but they are more so entire functions and not just HOTAS shortcuts, for example manual scan centering in RWS on the Attack format.

 

Honorable mention that's HOTAS-related. The cursor on a format should only appear when the TDC is assigned to that format. Otherwise it disappears. You see this implemented correctly on the Az/El but not on the Attack or SA.


I don't know which software revision this particular one is as the mechanic has changed, but in NAV and A/G you can Castle left for the Stores format. It was also changed that the LDDI no longer automatically pulls up the Stores format when changing master modes.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jak525 said:

On the Attack format it should be possible to select almost every option with the cursor instead of using the pushbutton.

Oh my gosh this would be a game changer for me since I do not own MFDs Cougar and it is hard to let go of the HOTAS when you are merged and want to do a quick shot at somebody else at further range. 

 

And if only you could change the range by moving the TDC up and down like you mentioned on the SA page. That would be a dream come true. 

 

7 hours ago, Jak525 said:

Honorable mention that's HOTAS-related. The cursor on a format should only appear when the TDC is assigned to that format. Otherwise it disappears. You see this implemented correctly on the Az/El but not on the Attack or SA

this would be definitely neat.

Thank you very much for this throughout explanation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2021 at 6:08 AM, Arikaj said:

Oh my gosh this would be a game changer for me since I do not own MFDs Cougar and it is hard to let go of the HOTAS when you are merged and want to do a quick shot at somebody else at further range.

 

What an odd situation! If you're merged you've gotta deal with the closest and biggest threat, the guy you're merged with. I guess technically you could lob a missile quickly at a distant enemy and then continue turning with your bandit, but you'd be giving up angles to your bandit and you'd be unable to support a missile against a distant enemy, not to mention the difficulties in properly IFFing an enemy on your radar while in a turning fight with another merged bandit. If you can pull this off accurately, more power to you, but this seems rather unnecessary!

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | Genovation 683U | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

 

 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kengou said:

 

What an odd situation! If you're merged you've gotta deal with the closest and biggest threat, the guy you're merged with. I guess technically you could lob a missile quickly at a distant enemy and then continue turning with your bandit, but you'd be giving up angles to your bandit and you'd be unable to support a missile against a distant enemy, not to mention the difficulties in properly IFFing an enemy on your radar while in a turning fight with another merged bandit. If you can pull this off accurately, more power to you, but this seems rather unnecessary!

 

hahaha yes, it doesn't happen very often. That was just a very rare/special situation which depends on many things. For example you merged with Su25T with heavy load and you just spotted 10nm behind the su25 a Mig comming to help. Ofc Su25 isn't very agile so you can spend couple of seconds to fire a missile at the Mig. But I get your point ofc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...