[AS INTENDED] Stores EHPE and EVPE and JDAM arming

tech_op2000

Howdy folks,
I am in Open Beta. Trying to learn to Drop JDAMS in TOO mode.

First, What does
GPS EHPE 18FT and GPS EVPE 18FT mean?

I cant find any info on these two lines in either chucks guide or the harrier pocket guide.

I don't see an alignment starting on the stores page when I select J82. What am I doing wrong?

Screen_210219_134120.png

Edited by tech_op2000

I’m gonna shoot a guess (and this is just a guess):

Estimated Horizontal/Vertical Position Error

Maybe calculated from the Dilution of Precision in the GPS signal? Don’t know if this (DOP) is modeled in DCS (would be interested if anyone does know)?

Edited by Shiroka
  • Like 1

the Harrier doesnt allign the JDAMs (yet)

they are alligned as soon as you load them on your stores

i did see that GPS message in the stores page even without JDAMs loaded. Possible that this is a placeholder for a soon to come alligning process.

9 hours ago, Wisky said:

the Harrier doesnt allign the JDAMs (yet)

they are alligned as soon as you load them on your stores

i did see that GPS message in the stores page even without JDAMs loaded. Possible that this is a placeholder for a soon to come alligning process.

In the tutorial videos and chucks guide, i would see "ALN QUAL 00 GOOD" when the J82 is powered on. I am not getting that message. and when selecting a target on the ground the pickle button wont release a bomb. Tips on what I might be missing?

EHPE = Estimated Horizontal Position Error

EVPE = Estimated Vertical Position Error

Pickle must be held for the information to be transferred to the JDAM and then confirm pickle with the release cue. This is intended. The actual alignment I'd have to check and see if its done through the jet as soon as the aircraft is aligned or if it has to wait for no WoW. Ill check with the SME on that.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [INVESTIGATING] Stores EHPE and EVPE and JDAM arming
22 hours ago, tech_op2000 said:

is the estimated position error always shown now? Anything I can do to reduce the estimated error?

yes

11 hours ago, Wisky said:

yes, use the gbu54 and your laser for final

this

Also, we do have JDAM warm up/ alignment in but it is transparent to the player. According to the SME, once power is provided to the jet and the aircrafts alignment begins, the JDAMs also get power and begin their alignment simultaneously. When the aircraft is aligned, so are the JDAMS.

As this is implemented and working this will be marked AS INTENDED and moved to RESOLVED.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [AS INTENDED] Stores EHPE and EVPE and JDAM arming
8 hours ago, RAZBAM_ELMO said:

yes

this

Also, we do have JDAM warm up/ alignment in but it is transparent to the player. According to the SME, once power is provided to the jet and the aircrafts alignment begins, the JDAMs also get power and begin their alignment simultaneously. When the aircraft is aligned, so are the JDAMS.

As this is implemented and working this will be marked AS INTENDED and moved to RESOLVED.

is this alignment then complete if you load on jdams after aligning the aircraft? for example, I land and rearm.