When launching aircraft fires on F-14, F-14 rwr gives a warning before the missile even goes active. Needs checking also. So your getting a warning once the missile is off bandits aircraft.

Edited by IronMike

The RWR does not decide this on it's own, it looks for messages from the launching aircrafts code in regards to radar emissions so if this is the case it's a bug in the launching aircraft or the missiles itself. Unfortunately not much we can do on our side.

What kind of missile, AMRAAMs?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680(i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 12 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Alamo Squadron is looking for dedicated Air-to-Air focused pilots

For more detailed recruiting information, see our forums.

120 yea soon as its off the rail F-14 rwr tells you, Which means its bugged because F-14 rwr should tell you once the missile goes active. Definitely a bug, Basically i know when the target has launched on me. 

Yeah, not arguing that it is a bug but the thing is that it's not the rwr in the F-14 that decides to warn you about the missile, it only does it if it is told by the radar or missile in the other aircraft that it has gone active. So the bug is quite unlikely to be on the F-14 side.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 6:17 PM, Coxy_99 said:

When launching aircraft fires on F-14, F-14 rwr gives a warning before the missile even goes active. Needs checking also. So your getting a warning once the missile is off bandits aircraft.

Do you have a tacview or video example showing this? In all the years flying the Tomcat I have never had a TWS launched amraam give me a launch warning before it went active. Or even another AIM54. If the guy launches at you in STT you'll get warning straight away, anyway. So there are quite a lot of variables in play here as you can see and being a bit more specific might help.

• IronMike changed the title to [DCS ISSUE] F14 RWR