VAICOM issues after every DCS update

sirrah

It seems that after every DCS update (even the small hotfixes) my VAICOM and/or VA is acting up. It happened again yesterday after applying the latest OB hotfix. Here's what I do:

1. Update DCS and when done;
  2. Start VAICOM
  3. Start DCS
  4. Start Simshaker for Aviators (not sure if that's of any importance here maybe)
  5. When inside the aircraft, my radio menu keeps popping on and off - VAICOM/VA responds to my commands (audio beep sound), but nothing happens ingame (no response from ATC)
  6. Close DCS
  7. Force close VAICOM (through task manager)
  8. Start VAICOM
  9. Start DCS
  10. When inside the aircraft, my radio menu no longer keeps popping on and off (so that's fixed) - VAICOM/VA responds to my commands (audio beep sound), but still nothing happens ingame (no response from ATC). Strangely enough, I was able to open the kneeboard with voice command, but I wasn't able to switch between pages (E.g.: "Flight page", "Awacs page" etc.)

Next thing I'll do (because I ran out of playtime yesterday), is delete the export.lua file and try again...

I noticed these issues before, but because I'm new to VA and VAICOM I thought it was just me doing something wrong.. But now I'm pretty sure it's related to DCS updates.

Is the above normal?

What's the correct procedure after doing a DCS update?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

It seems that after every DCS update (even the small hotfixes) my VAICOM and/or VA is acting up. It happened again yesterday after applying the latest OB hotfix. Here's what I do:

1. Update DCS and when done;
  2. Start VAICOM
  3. Start DCS
  4. Start Simshaker for Aviators (not sure if that's of any importance here maybe)
  5. When inside the aircraft, my radio menu keeps popping on and off - VAICOM/VA responds to my commands (audio beep sound), but nothing happens ingame (no response from ATC)
  6. Close DCS
  7. Force close VAICOM (through task manager)
  8. Start VAICOM
  9. Start DCS
  10. When inside the aircraft, my radio menu no longer keeps popping on and off (so that's fixed) - VAICOM/VA responds to my commands (audio beep sound), but still nothing happens ingame (no response from ATC). Strangely enough, I was able to open the kneeboard with voice command, but I wasn't able to switch between pages (E.g.: "Flight page", "Awacs page" etc.)

Next thing I'll do (because I ran out of playtime yesterday), is delete the export.lua file and try again...

I noticed these issues before, but because I'm new to VA and VAICOM I thought it was just me doing something wrong.. But now I'm pretty sure it's related to DCS updates.

Is the above normal?

What's the correct procedure after doing a DCS update?
I used to delete the export.lua file, but now I close VA and DCS pre update, and start VA before DCS post update, and I don't have the blinking menu as I used to have.
BUT I do have a "pop-up" menu in some modules. For sure the Mi-8, Ka-50 and maybe the Mig-15 and Mig-21. I have sure that all PTT mappings in the modules have been removed. But they still pop-up. You can also hear the click of the PTT in the module, when clicking a VAICOM PTT.

PS:@Hollywood_315 if you read this. The free A-4 has now got a working radio in the V2 Beta2 release, but VAICOM only works with the ground crew as far as I can tell. Hint, hint!

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Seems I had unchecked "Hide menus", so all is well and working.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Most of the time I don't get the issue but when I do I just delete the Export.lua, let Vaicom recreate it, close Vaicom and then copy an old Export.lua with Tacview in as well back and restart.

Takes a couple of minutes to do and all is good

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Most of the time I don't get the issue but when I do I just delete the Export.lua, let Vaicom recreate it, close Vaicom and then copy an old Export.lua with Tacview in as well back and restart.

Takes a couple of minutes to do and all is good
Me too, if the problem arises, I do what you do. This time different though, but user problem.
But I solved it. I had somehow unchecked "Hide menus".

Thanks for all replies

It assures me to see I'm not the only one having these issues. At least that rules out me having messed up some VAICOM setting.

Next time I'll make sure to just delete the export.lua before starting up DCS after an update.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2021 at 4:09 PM, hornblower793 said:

Do you reuse the old VAICOM line in the export.lua or the newly created? Have not checked if they are equal yet. Anyway I am in the exact same spot as sirrah after every update. Just deleting the export.lua is not a good idea as I have found out, as both Tacview and SRS will not automatically recreate their own entries.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you reuse the old VAICOM line in the export.lua or the newly created? Have not checked if they are equal yet. Anyway I am in the exact same spot as sirrah after every update. Just deleting the export.lua is not a good idea as I have found out, as both Tacview and SRS will not automatically recreate their own entries.

I just copy the whole file back - if that doesn't work for you then keep the new Vaicom line and copy the SRS and Tacview lines back (keeping the lines in the same order)

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I just have a handy copy, that I copy/rename if I have to delete the export.lua
Fortunately, I haven't done that since before Christmas. Too bad you guys get issues after updates still.
I wonder what's the issue. Like I've written before. I just shut down VA with the VAICOM tray app, update DCS, start tray app, start DCS. No issues.
I use Steam Voice Attack BTW. But that shouldn't make a difference.
Cheers!