VAICOM issues after every DCS update

It seems that after every DCS update (even the small hotfixes) my VAICOM and/or VA is acting up. It happened again yesterday after applying the latest OB hotfix. Here's what I do:

1. Update DCS and when done;
  2. Start VAICOM
  3. Start DCS
  4. Start Simshaker for Aviators (not sure if that's of any importance here maybe)
  5. When inside the aircraft, my radio menu keeps popping on and off - VAICOM/VA responds to my commands (audio beep sound), but nothing happens ingame (no response from ATC)
  6. Close DCS
  7. Force close VAICOM (through task manager)
  8. Start VAICOM
  9. Start DCS
  10. When inside the aircraft, my radio menu no longer keeps popping on and off (so that's fixed) - VAICOM/VA responds to my commands (audio beep sound), but still nothing happens ingame (no response from ATC). Strangely enough, I was able to open the kneeboard with voice command, but I wasn't able to switch between pages (E.g.: "Flight page", "Awacs page" etc.)

Next thing I'll do (because I ran out of playtime yesterday), is delete the export.lua file and try again...

I noticed these issues before, but because I'm new to VA and VAICOM I thought it was just me doing something wrong.. But now I'm pretty sure it's related to DCS updates.

Is the above normal?

What's the correct procedure after doing a DCS update?

System specs:

System specs: i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

It seems that after every DCS update (even the small hotfixes) my VAICOM and/or VA is acting up. It happened again yesterday after applying the latest OB hotfix. Here's what I do:

1. Update DCS and when done;
  2. Start VAICOM
  3. Start DCS
  4. Start Simshaker for Aviators (not sure if that's of any importance here maybe)
  5. When inside the aircraft, my radio menu keeps popping on and off - VAICOM/VA responds to my commands (audio beep sound), but nothing happens ingame (no response from ATC)
  6. Close DCS
  7. Force close VAICOM (through task manager)
  8. Start VAICOM
  9. Start DCS
  10. When inside the aircraft, my radio menu no longer keeps popping on and off (so that's fixed) - VAICOM/VA responds to my commands (audio beep sound), but still nothing happens ingame (no response from ATC). Strangely enough, I was able to open the kneeboard with voice command, but I wasn't able to switch between pages (E.g.: "Flight page", "Awacs page" etc.)

Next thing I'll do (because I ran out of playtime yesterday), is delete the export.lua file and try again...

I noticed these issues before, but because I'm new to VA and VAICOM I thought it was just me doing something wrong.. But now I'm pretty sure it's related to DCS updates.

Is the above normal?

What's the correct procedure after doing a DCS update?
I used to delete the export.lua file, but now I close VA and DCS pre update, and start VA before DCS post update, and I don't have the blinking menu as I used to have.
BUT I do have a "pop-up" menu in some modules. For sure the Mi-8, Ka-50 and maybe the Mig-15 and Mig-21. I have sure that all PTT mappings in the modules have been removed. But they still pop-up. You can also hear the click of the PTT in the module, when clicking a VAICOM PTT.

PS:@Hollywood_315 if you read this. The free A-4 has now got a working radio in the V2 Beta2 release, but VAICOM only works with the ground crew as far as I can tell. Hint, hint!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk