Mission 8: Package stuck at WP 2

LordOrion

Looks there is another issue:

I've reached WP2 keeping the correct distance from Reaper 2-1.

I receive the 5 seconds command from the leader and turned in formation.

However Reaper  2-1 keeps turning around forever without pushing to WP3.

I did this mission 2 times with the same result.

Here is a trackfile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t_sHJ0EwolkEbBBto6gHSAUi7rknKXvf/view?usp=sharing

Please help!

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Thanks. This seems to be a problem with AI switching waypoints, it has been reported to ED. I tried to troubleshoot it myself and while possible,  it is several hours of trying for each mission - with no guarantee that the workaround will work when ED fixes the original bug. But I'll look into it of course.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I confirm same problem with mission 8 trigger at WP2. After reaching WP2, the package turns in circles, endlessly (already posted in main forum).

Baltic, I fully understand this is a problem with DCS version and not your fault. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baltic_dragon said:

Somebody posted that this is due to quick INS degradation which causes you to miss the waypoints. Perhaps try to tick the option in M2000 disabling the INS degradation and check?

I Will check this evening.

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

5 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Somebody posted that this is due to quick INS degradation which causes you to miss the waypoints. Perhaps try to tick the option in M2000 disabling the INS degradation and check?

If you mean "Disable Gyro Drift" from Options/Special/M-2000C I already have that option enabled (checked).

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

Tried this evening with "Disable Gyro Drif" option checked, same result  "no trigger" after WP2...

Still managed to kill the transport + 2 F14 + 1 M29, my wingman managed 3 kills before being shot, I did flee with hot pursuits until I reached WP2 where all my package was still doing dumb circles, and did not engage my followers, and one of them managed to kill me...

Oh well...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the strike package was still stuck at WP2 today, in open beta 2.7.1.6430. The track file is too large to attach, I'm afraid.

The AI planes did taxi, this had been fixed.

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

On 5/24/2021 at 1:37 PM, blaster182 said:

Unfortunately, the strike package was still stuck at WP2 today, in open beta 2.7.1.6430. The track file is too large to attach, I'm afraid.

The AI planes did taxi, this had been fixed.

I had the same problem. I shoot down the plane and went back to Nelis. The next mission also has a problem too... You had to hold short in runway 03 until a plane takes off but no plane came.

Edited by Dgpm
  • Thanks 2

Yep, same here. Except I couldn't find the plane I was supposed to shoot down so I figured it just hadn't spawned yet. 

I usually have a lot of patience with this sort of thing but I literally have been trying to progress through this campaign for months now and I can't due to bugs, particularly with this mission. I'm honestly about to just give up on it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem on 2.7. version 2.7.6430 (not the with last may 8th patch)

Gyro drift disabled on (i.e. no gyro drift) 

Fast alignement

I also noticed a slight difference in the scenario compared to this video below  (time around 40:00)

after the short in-flight briefing, mission commander tells to go on Chattermark1. 

In the video, the frequency is jammed with repeating "beeps", so MC tells to go on CM2 which is silent.

In my case (tried the mission 3 times, stuck to WP2 3 times), there is a loudy white noise (not sure of the term) on CM1. MC doesn't tell (with hands) to go to CM2. So you endlessly orbit on WP2 with the noise in your ears ... what a purgatory.

Edited by Falken2

• 2 weeks later...