Mission 9

dburne

Whooee Mission 9 is certainly kicking my butt!

I know Chuck's notes suggest using TWS for this one, but for some reason I can't seem to get TWS to work for me. I have read his guide on it and watched Wags video, but I can not seem to get mine to work like that.

So I am attempting it over, and over, and over in RWS. I made it to the last part when several are incoming but have not been able to get through that yet. I am very low on missiles at that point and end up getting blown out of the sky. Nice that it has a save point in there though but so far I can not make it through that last part.

Will resume my attempts tomorrow. Anyone have any tips feel free to share. :smilewink:

-

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

6 hours ago, dburne said:

Whooee Mission 9 is certainly kicking my butt!

I know Chuck's notes suggest using TWS for this one, but for some reason I can't seem to get TWS to work for me. I have read his guide on it and watched Wags video, but I can not seem to get mine to work like that.

So I am attempting it over, and over, and over in RWS. I made it to the last part when several are incoming but have not been able to get through that yet. I am very low on missiles at that point and end up getting blown out of the sky. Nice that it has a save point in there though but so far I can not make it through that last part.

Will resume my attempts tomorrow. Anyone have any tips feel free to share. :smilewink:

-

TWS is somewhat bugged right now, you have to use MAN mode in TWS (constantly adjusting radar elevation), otherwise the it breaks lock easily. As for tips, fight is not the only way, please remember that you have teammates. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FrankMT said:

TWS is somewhat bugged right now, you have to use MAN mode in TWS (constantly adjusting radar elevation), otherwise the it breaks lock easily. As for tips, fight is not the only way, please remember that you have teammates. 

Ok thanks.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Still working on this one, have gotten close but no cigar yet.

Bad thing about it even though I get message checkpoint is loading in 15 seconds, it never loads any more drops me back to the beginning every time.

Don B

30 minutes ago, dburne said:

Still working on this one, have gotten close but no cigar yet.

Bad thing about it even though I get message checkpoint is loading in 15 seconds, it never loads any more drops me back to the beginning every time.

Do not press "REPLAY" when mission ends, if you do it once, it stops working. You will need to re-enter from Campaign page for it to work again.

14 minutes ago, FrankMT said:

Do not press "REPLAY" when mission ends, if you do it once, it stops working. You will need to re-enter from Campaign page for it to work again.

Ok thanks for the tip.

Whew I finally made it through Mission 9 - thanks to your tip on that as well.

That was a tough defensive mission for sure,  at least for my novice butt lol.

Don B