Set Mission Time at Start?

Vettefan

Hi,

Is there a way to set the mission start time right at mission launch?

I wish to create a couple of missions to enhance my flying skills at day and night in different scenarios but I do not want to necessarily copy each mission for day and for night sorties, if I can avoid it.

I am aware of how to set day, time and weather in the mission editor but I cannot see an option to change it at the mission start.

(I do know that I can select my plane to be flown by adding multiple planes and assigning them to "client", which gives me a nice selection window at mission start -> same would be cool for time...).

Thanks for your replies!

Cheers

2 hours ago, Vettefan said:

Hi,

Is there a way to set the mission start time right at mission launch?

I wish to create a couple of missions to enhance my flying skills at day and night in different scenarios but I do not want to necessarily copy each mission for day and for night sorties, if I can avoid it.

I am aware of how to set day, time and weather in the mission editor but I cannot see an option to change it at the mission start.

(I do know that I can select my plane to be flown by adding multiple planes and assigning them to "client", which gives me a nice selection window at mission start -> same would be cool for time...).

Thanks for your replies!

Cheers

Sorry but no, you can't

You could place it as a wish for future updates here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/816-mission-editor-wish-list/

(I can imagine it could be problematic though for certain triggers/activations. For instance, when in the mission an aircraft is set to "activate" at a certain specific time)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

You can launch your mission from the mission editor. Then it's simply a matter of changing the time in the editor before flying. I usually launch a mission from the editor 99% of the time instead of from the mission menu.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

46 minutes ago, Exorcet said:

You can launch your mission from the mission editor. Then it's simply a matter of changing the time in the editor before flying. I usually launch a mission from the editor 99% of the time instead of from the mission menu.

That would be a work-around...   

Thanks mate!