New to DCS world; why the FA-18 keep auto-stop?

bwazza

than  you have  assigned  a  key   to  the  autostop  function  to  check    what keys  it  is  go  to  setting  controls  and  go  to the autostop and  see  what  keys   are  assigned,  just  delete  the  keys  if  you  dont  want   it

8 hours ago, bwazza said:

I'm new in DCS world and have recently bought a FA-18. using a X56 Hotas. 

This Autostop keep activating while flying.. and cut off everything including power... any advise anyone please??

Check for a double bind (as others have suggested) - or make sure you aren't just flying around GATES everywhere.  Fuel runs out.

Welcome to DCS and enjoy the Hornet!

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I don't know anything about your specific controller but am aware that DCS will auto assign some functions especially the first time you connect it. I guess that way there is a possibility you could fly w/o doing any control setup. Some things that you may never know exist may be assigned. IE: I never even knew there was an auto stop. There are so many controls it may be difficult to find the auto stop. I would look at each column one at a time. Scroll all the way through the keyboard column, then the X56 column. I bet the 'autostop' is assigned to a key or button that has another function assigned to it. So, for instance, you go to select a missile, and you get both the missile and the 'auto stop'.

The default binding for "Auto Stop" is LWin + End, and that's defined in the "default.lua" under "\Keyboard". So it can only be generated by a keyboard or a device that emulates a keyboard.

Could there be a problem with the keyboard that makes it produce LWin + End sporadically? Or does the X56 HOTAS emulate a keyboard? In that case I would suspect the HOTAS to be the culprit.
I don't see how the problem could be caused by the sim software. I presume of course that the user has not made any mod.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I use an X56. At first I was getting lots of ghost inputs from things I had assigned to levers on the throttle (NVGs/landing gear triggering suddenly). It’s a fairly well known problem with the X56, should be some discussion here on the forums somewhere.

Anyway for reference I completely solved this by buying a separate PCI(E) USB board and also a powered USB hub (both pretty cheap on Amazon). Now I connect joystick direct to PCI(E) board and throttle through powered hub to PCI(E), no more ghosting.

Could this be the issue?

Something like this for the board:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z34BJYH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_G0DX6J3GMGAS4MXXZB65?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

And this:

https://www.amazon.com/atolla-Charging-Splitter-Individual-Switches/dp/B07MQDJLSF/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=powered+usb+3.0+hub&qid=1613847884&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2KVFO4XQ2RAFL&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFIRkwzUlo0UlhJRTQmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA3MjI4MjUzRExHNEpOVENTVjRMJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAwNDgwOTk5VEZMSjdUWFRXUzMmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Edited by Shiroka