Error in the up-date today. 2/17

Hawkeye60

Log file attached.

autoupdate_log.txt

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hey @Hawkeye60 👋

Here's the issue:

00012.470 ERROR: Can't delete E:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods/aircraft/F14/bin/F14-AI.dll: (5) Access is denied.
00012.470 INFO : Sleeping for 0.100000 seconds...
00012.569 ERROR: Can't delete E:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods/aircraft/F14/bin/F14-AI.dll: (5) Access is denied.
00018.329 STATUS: Got CANCEL when asked to retry: Can't delete E:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods/aircraft/F14/bin/F14-AI.dll: (5) Access is denied.
00018.546 STATUS: Can't delete E:\DCS World OpenBeta\CoreMods/aircraft/F14/bin/F14-AI.dll: (5) Access is denied.

When the DCS updater complains about a DLL file not being accessible, it's very often due to the antivirus which is blocking the file. Two solutions: either disable your antivirus during updates (but that's ugly and you know it), or add these folders as exceptions in your antivirus:

• E:\DCS World OpenBeta
  • C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Good idea.

Did not work.

I use malware-bites.

Disabled.

Windows security, disabled.

Windows firewall, disabled.

Very same error.

DCS loads fine.

I need to cancel to proceed.

The last thing to try is the VPN but that should not cause this.

Never had this issue before.

Even last up-date worked, with all protections enabled.

Thanks anyway.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

That's weird. But hey, there are tools to learn who's blocking the DLLs.

Launch Windows Resource monitor (resmon)

Click the CPU tab

Click the search field in the "Associated Handles" section and type in: F14-AI.dll

image.png

Launch the DCS updater and keep looking at Resource monitor. You should find which app is blocking the DLL.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks again!

But I decided to go a different way.....

I deleted the offending folder! 😄

No more files for the up-dater to delete!

Up-date finished without errors!

I just log out of windows, then log back in to allow the delete to take place.

(DCS holds on to the folder, till this is done)

FYI

More than one way to skin a possum!

Cheers!