Iowa-class battleships

On 2/17/2021 at 3:50 PM, Jester986 said:

We'll be lucky to get an Iowa, much less Iowas.

I thought the ships were basically the same except for the Hull number, and the only thing they would need to change is remove some 5 inch guns for missiles. 

Edited by upyr1

We've yet to get a real WW2 combat ship in the assets pack. And if you follow Razbams south Atlantic discord where they're making alot if falklands assets it gives an insifht into the work it takes to make a ship. Given that and the relatively low priority a battleship would be for the Pacific scenerios were most likely to get Id say the priorities will be Carriers,  destroyers, cruisers and then battleships and thats all for both sides. Then there's ground and air assets. Look how long the Ju-88 ai was in development. And when we do get a battleship will it be a late war Iowa or an earlier class that saw more action? And now if we get an Iowa will ED care enough to make it useful for multiple time periods by making several different models? I doubt it. Anyway sorry to crap on your wish. I don't think its a bad idea at all. Just watching from the outside and developing a picture of the internal logic ED uses to develop assets it seems very unlikely to me. For example we still don't We have two middle east maps and no toyota with a Dshka mounted on it.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:14 AM, Jester986 said:

We've yet to get a real WW2 combat ship in the assets pack. And if you follow Razbams south Atlantic discord where they're making alot if falklands assets it gives an insifht into the work it takes to make a ship. Given that and the relatively low priority a battleship would be for the Pacific scenerios were most likely to get Id say the priorities will be Carriers,  destroyers, cruisers and then battleships and thats all for both sides. Then there's ground and air assets. Look how long the Ju-88 ai was in development. And when we do get a battleship will it be a late war Iowa or an earlier class that saw more action? And now if we get an Iowa will ED care enough to make it useful for multiple time periods by making several different models? I doubt it. Anyway sorry to crap on your wish. I don't think its a bad idea at all. Just watching from the outside and developing a picture of the internal logic ED uses to develop assets it seems very unlikely to me. For example we still don't We have two middle east maps and no toyota with a Dshka mounted on it.

I'm thinking the Iowas would be a good choice for the blufor battleships since the USS Iowa and Wisconsin both were at the Marianas and served off and on until the 1990s.