Search then engage in zone not working in hours of darkness

NightFlier

Hi guys,

I spent all the day long trying to find out why the same CAPs where not engaging with "Search then engage in zone" in the same base mix I'm using for a cooperative campaign.

After hours of testing, I found out it happens during night / darkness times!

As soon as I changed to a daylight time they worked perfectly.

Regards

Edited by Night Flier

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

F-14A (HB model) and F-4 enemy, F-16 and F-5 Blue to be engaged  (me)

Didn't try others

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

Posting a miz file would be helpful to get an idea of other factors that might be at play. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

On 2/17/2021 at 11:50 PM, Grimes said:

Posting a miz file would be helpful to get an idea of other factors that might be at play. 

Yes, here is a new one but with the same problem: the AI is not engaging, they start to intercept and then they go back soon to the CAP holding again.
It's a simple miz with 1 blue vs 2 reds in CAP with Search then engage in zone, 1 EWR.
Everyone is within the EWR and the Blue is just out of the zone to be searched for the engagement. If you start and go straight you are in the zone in about 30 sec.

I noticed that, given the same light (complete darkness at 2 o'clock local in the PG), changing date gives a different outcome!

The mission here attached is on 14th June 2016 at 02:00LT. If you change it to something like 23 June (same time and light stays at an equal level...pitch dark), they engage correctly.

TEST Search then engage in zone DARK.miz

Edited by Night Flier

Night Flier

Reproduced it.  Weirdly the behavior isn't consistent with different unit types. 

• 11 months later...

Grimes, for which unit types did you get it work?
Currently, the F-4 doesn't respect the action with a radius of 60000m, because once the unit is set to general task "CAP", it starts engaging everything within 400 miles.

Edit: the problem here was that the aircraft was set to ROE = Weapons Free

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

IIRC this was fixed. I found my local copy of the mission posted above with the F-4E and it worked as expected. If there is a different situation then I need something showing it to test. 

• Thanks 1