Question about IFF and radar.

Bigmac83

I haven't play hornet for some time so i have issues with this new AA radar and old one because if i remember correctly radar and iff used to recognize targets without issues but now i able to only recognize targets less than 20 miles away and only if i do STT lock i get HAFU symbols. Also new radar seems to not work at all, i try auto functions but nothing happens and S&T fuction also only work less than 20 miles away! I also made this clip which i just try to recognize cargo plane, so if anyone can advise did i do just some noob error or is this really some issue in game? By the way sorry if this is alredy topic somewhere, i just put in here and anyone can link it somewhere else. 

In essence, I'm not sure where ED are with their realism. But mode4 IFF shouldn't tell you if something is hostile, so you will be stuck with NCTR if you have no donors. So you will need to be fairly close and at an aspect close to nose or tail on, to get a good print.

• Like 2

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

1 hour ago, Swiftwin9s said:

In essence, I'm not sure where ED are with their realism. But mode4 IFF shouldn't tell you if something is hostile, so you will be stuck with NCTR if you have no donors. So you will need to be fairly close and at an aspect close to nose or tail on, to get a good print.

Yes it seems if i do STT lock less than 20 miles it marks target as hostile without donors and i don't know is it NTCR or can NTCR recognize them without the STT automaticly? Anyway earlier system was so simple to use, but if this is more realistic then fine.

Edited by Bigmac83

The Hornet has ‘rules’ to classify contacts and basically you need two sources to declare a bogey a bandit. They can be from IFF response (remembering this is a lack of response so can really just say not a friendly), NCTR or a donor. You can also assign a contact yourself with PLID. 

6 minutes ago, Cytarabine said:

The Hornet has ‘rules’ to classify contacts and basically you need two sources to declare a bogey a bandit. They can be from IFF response (remembering this is a lack of response so can really just say not a friendly), NCTR or a donor. You can also assign a contact yourself with PLID. 

PLID? I take it that's something that isn't implemented?

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Just now, Cytarabine said:

It is, in the SA page. See section 12 of Chuck’s guide. 

Cheers!

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.