Jump to content

Keep missing shelters with GB6 and LS-6-500 on multiplayer servers.


Recommended Posts

Have no ide whats happend lately.  But im keep missing the shelters on multiplayer servers.  If I start in the air on singelplayer, i hit them 100% of the time.

 

Is there anything special I should do?  I have the HNS in gps.  And i often do a autostart, can that be the problem that the INS isnt aligned properly or what?

 

This is getting really enoying, when i keep missing like 60-70% of the time.

 

Do any have any ide what can be the problem?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello - what you describe is most likely a data input error. The lat/long must be in the proper format and loaded into the proper waypoints. I know that’s not a specific solution but, it’s a great place to double check. If the weapon comes off the aircraft and works as advertised - just not at the right location - we can confidently deduce the weapon was programmed incorrectly. 
 

Auto start won’t cause any configuration problems as auto start bypasses any specific weapons configurations, which you the pilot can’t tinker with until you load your DTC cartridge anyway. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kristoffer79 said:

Have no ide whats happend lately.  But im keep missing the shelters on multiplayer servers.  If I start in the air on singelplayer, i hit them 100% of the time.

 

Is there anything special I should do?  I have the HNS in gps.  And i often do a autostart, can that be the problem that the INS isnt aligned properly or what?

 

This is getting really enoying, when i keep missing like 60-70% of the time.

 

Do any have any ide what can be the problem?

 

1. Have you given enough time for the WEAPON (not the jet!) to align? In the JF17, master arm has to be ON and the weapon selected and powered up. I think LS6/GB6 need about 1:30 or so but don't quote me on that. It is NOT instantaneous, I know that for sure.

 

2. Are you using PP or TOO mode?

 

3. The DLZ calculations in DCS are all somewhat wrong. They are only accurate if your current heading is towards the target. This goes for the A10, the Hornet, the Harrier, and the JF17. Often being within 20 deg is enough, but the closer to the outside of the DLZ you are, the more this is a problem and will cause a miss.

 

4. Are the targets near each other? I kept "missing" a target on a mission only to find the heading the mission planner gave me would cause one bomb to be caught in the other's frag pattern and result in the destruction of the second bomb, so the second, further target was never hit.


Edited by LastRifleRound
Link to post
Share on other sites

Om using TOO, and the weapon have had enogh time for sure.  IM flying exactly towards the target.

Its just strange that when i start HOT in air in singelplayer it works 100% of the time.  But when i play on multiplayer server and do a autostart it often miss.  So there have to be something to the auto start i think. Something isnt right.

 

The target is a lonly shelter in the midle of nowhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites

your INS drifts over time, it's a miniscule amount but it's big enough to affect weapons, what you have to do is enable HNS after FAST align if GPS is available or do a full GC align if not.

another thing that might be causing the weapon's INS to go bunkers is a long straight flight, if you continue to miss even after enabling HNS, do 2 90 degree turns to fix the weapon's INS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ins+NHS

 

Gc align. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kerbo 416 said:

your INS drifts over time, it's a miniscule amount but it's big enough to affect weapons, what you have to do is enable HNS after FAST align if GPS is available or do a full GC align if not.

another thing that might be causing the weapon's INS to go bunkers is a long straight flight, if you continue to miss even after enabling HNS, do 2 90 degree turns to fix the weapon's INS.

OK, but is this even modelled in the JF-17?  I mean to do 2 90 degree turns?

 

Is there a way to see the INS alignment drift?

 

I always use HNS+GPS and using fast align. Is there a way to know if the server have GPS enabled?  Shouldnt all modern server have that on?

 

Arnt you guys having the same problem?


Edited by Kristoffer79
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kristoffer79 said:

OK, but is this even modelled in the JF-17?  I mean to do 2 90 degree turns?

 

Is there a way to see the INS alignment drift?

 

I always use HNS+GPS and using fast align. Is there a way to know if the server have GPS enabled?  Shouldnt all modern server have that on?

 

Arnt you guys having the same problem?

 

 

Try doing a GC alignment, that solved it for many people having accuracy problems with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kristoffer79 said:

OK, but is this even modelled in the JF-17?  I mean to do 2 90 degree turns?

 

Is there a way to see the INS alignment drift?

 

I always use HNS+GPS and using fast align. Is there a way to know if the server have GPS enabled?  Shouldnt all modern server have that on?

 

Arnt you guys having the same problem?

 

1) I believe so yes
2) not that i know of
3) modern servers yes
4) had the same problem but the 2 90 deg turn fixed it for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kristoffer79 said:

What definately works is to do the GC align.  Now it hit 100% of the time.  So basicly if you want ti use the INS guided weapon like GB6 and LS6 you have to do the GC alignment. You cant do a auto start..

 

You can realign in GC after autostart. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...