Search then engage in zone - not working properly

NightFlier

Hi guys,

I've been using "Search then engage in zone" for long time for the Enemy AI CAP (red). They have "Search then engage in zone" at the starting point and Race-track orbit between WP 1 e WP 2.
I deleted the CAP task so they don't just go and kill everyone in the map 😄

The area is full of enemy EWR (red) so Blue contacts are identified (I tried with a Red Awacs as well).

The problem is:  I enter the Zone for the engage as a Blue and 1 CAP starts to engage me and suddenly turns back (Blue still within EWR, engage zone etc.) and the second CAP doesn't start engaging at all (keep orbiting).

They actually start when I enter an SA-6 area, as if the EWR is not working properly and they need the SA-6 to identify me (blue).

This situation is on the west side (Lar airport area) in PG Map, I tried on the East side (North of Bandar E-Jask) of the map and it works fine, the CAP has the same settings, same plane and loadout, except for the area to be coverd for the engagement.

Any help guys?

Edited by Night Flier

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

UPDATE: after an extensive test, removing units, triggers etc. I found out that it's the Local Time of the mission!

During daylight it works, during periods of darkness it doesn't work.

Is this a bug or what?

Night Flier

_________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 9700K, MSI RTX 2080, 32GB RAM (3200 MHz), SSD m.2 1TB, Monitor 32'' WQHD 2560x1440, Windows 10 Pro

7 hours ago, HC_Official said:

I know for years now that AI infantry cannot see in the dark at all

They where F-14A and F-4. I reported in the bug forum.

Night Flier