Stick problem!!

Romesy

Hi Guys!

Got a bit of an issue with the stick centring in the 10C II.

At the time of writing, the stick marker on the "Show controls indicator" shows the pitch to be about a quarter of the way down the line, obviously forcing a climb that cannot be trimmed out!

I've checked with every other aircraft I have (14, 16, 18, 8B, UH1) and they all check out, marker bang on in the middle of the cross!

Any idea how to fix this please? Am I missing something?

Using a Virpil HOTAS by the way!

Many thanks!

The first thing that comes to my mind is a problem with Force Feedback being checked in the game's options, I think under the Gameplay tab. That is known to cause issues with trimming the A-10C.

And then you should double and triple check that there are no conflicting axis assignments for the pitch axis. It may also be worth checking the axis tune panel for the pitch axis to make sure there are no extra funky curves, sliders or deadzones configured.

14 hours ago, Romesy said:

Hi Guys!

Got a bit of an issue with the stick centring in the 10C II.

At the time of writing, the stick marker on the "Show controls indicator" shows the pitch to be about a quarter of the way down the line, obviously forcing a climb that cannot be trimmed out!

I've checked with every other aircraft I have (14, 16, 18, 8B, UH1) and they all check out, marker bang on in the middle of the cross!

Any idea how to fix this please? Am I missing something?

Using a Virpil HOTAS by the way!

Many thanks!

Did you press the T/O TRIM button (and get the confirmation above the button that reads T/O TRIM in green)?  Doing this, you can literally see the stick move aft - which assists in rotation during takeoff.

After takeoff and solid flight speed has been achieved - are you trimming the aircraft?  The A10 absolutely needs to be actively "trimmed" in flight.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It wasn't the trim that was the problem, the stick was so far back that it wouldn't be possible to tri, it out!

BUT, Yurgon, you were right on the money my friend, Force Feedback in the MISC section of the settings was ticked, removed it and I now have a flyable A-10C II!

Thanks for all the help fellas, it's really appreciated!

I was seriously hoping it was something minor, especially after having to remortage the house to buy this stick and throttle setup! 8o)

• Like 1