Jestermenu Track Option: mark specific Track, mark a spec track as MAND ATTK or DO NOT ATTK

Steff Bourne

Hello HB. Thank your for your great work. I spend tons of hours flying the f-14. I only bought a gaming pc, because of your module 🤪. So big thanks to you!!!! God i love this Plane :pilotfly:.

I have e question or better a wish. Is it possible to give us the opportunity via Jester menu, to select a specific tws track to get information about range an alt and after that the option to set the track as a MAND ATTK, DO NOT ATTK Track?

For Menu Example:

• BVR->
    • Radar Settings->
      • Tracks->
        • TWS1
        • TWS2
        • TWS3....->
          • Select (for only get the Tracks Information)
          • Set to MAND ATTK
          • DO NOT ATTK option.

Cause sometimes i had the problem, i fired a aim54 at a single target, flew the cat that way to hold the track at the maximum azimuth. Suddenly another target on a deferent hight and range appered on TID Screen. the Awg9 (WCS) wanted to hold this track as well, but cause i'm holding the first track already at the awg9's max azimuth, i lose the first track after the wcs calculat's the new average middle from the new track and the old one. The searchcone jumps a little to the center and the track i fired first, is slightly out of the search cone from the awg9. the track is marked with a "X" and the Phoenix is trash. Correct me if im thinking wrong, but i beleave, when i can tell Jester to mark the first track as MAND ATTK, the WCS would always slightly point in that direction and hopefully, the target stay in the cone.

I can try to set up such a situation in the mission editor, to demonstrate it better or i´ll take pen and paper and draw it if my text is to confusing :hehe:.

Until then, thank you for your excellent work :worthy:

Ps.: I have another question. The WCS can hold a track for 2 mins. So when i fire a phoenix, look at the TID, check the TTI less then 120 sec, turn cold, the phoenix must hit, when the target is flying straight with the same speed all the time. Is the WCS powerfull enough for such a situation? It often worked to me on pve server when the TTI is less then 30 sec and i lose the track. The target is in the calculatet zone and the phoenix still goes active - perfect. I set up a situation in the mission editor, and tried it with a TTI more then 60 sec. No phoenix hit the target. Is this real cause it is to long and it brings to much deviation, or should the phoenix hit? 🤔

2 hours ago, Steff Bourne said:

Cause sometimes i had the problem, i fired a aim54 at a single target, flew the cat that way to hold the track at the maximum azimuth. Suddenly another target on a deferent hight and range appered on TID Screen. the Awg9 (WCS) wanted to hold this track as well, but cause i'm holding the first track already at the awg9's max azimuth, i lose the first track after the wcs calculat's the new average middle from the new track and the old one. The searchcone jumps a little to the center and the track i fired first, is slightly out of the search cone from the awg9. the track is marked with a "X" and the Phoenix is trash.

This should not happen according to the explanations (weighing targets) here:

Also AWG-9 can keep the track memory but it won't send active signal to the Phoenix if it won't acquaire it again afaik.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Oh okay. Yes you are right. According to „weighing targets“ this shouldn‘t happen :-(. But does the part from the text „In addition, targets which are deemed to be leaving the scannable volume are also raised in importance, if they are already deemed important by the previous criteria mean, that you have to mark them first as MAND or does that mean, every Track that deemed to be leaving? If it would be the first part, the Jestermenu opportunity could be a solution. 🤔

Also AWG-9 can keep the track memory but it won't send active signal to the Phoenix if it won't acquaire it again afaik.

I don’t know the exact conditions when it goes activ after a track is lost, but for now, when you have a track, fire a Phoenix, hold the track till TTI shows for example 25 sec, then you loose the track, it is marked with an X, the WCS holds the track via Memory and sometimes the Phoenix is going active and hits the target. I think somewhere I read, that the Phoenix flies to the targets calculated point and if there is something in this zone where the Phoenix can point at, it is going active and hits the target. Idk if the radar has to see the target again, so the old one with the "X" and the new one are overlapping.

I'm pretty sure TWS-A tracked targets which were fired upon take precedence over any others so should not be dropped unless you fired at least two 54s and one of them has to be dropped due to the cone limits.

To my knowledge only active off the rail Phoenixes can hit in this condition and TWS shots has to be supported until AWG-9 active command. Otherwise it can be DCS thing.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

2 hours ago, draconus said:

I'm pretty sure TWS-A tracked targets which were fired upon take precedence over any others so should not be dropped unless you fired at least two 54s and one of them has to be dropped due to the cone limits.

That would be logical, but is it also implemented yet?! Maybe someone from HB can light up this Situation 😊?! 

2 hours ago, draconus said:

To my knowledge only active off the rail Phoenixes can hit in this condition and TWS shots has to be supported until AWG-9 active command. Otherwise it can be DCS thing.

•  

It does but due to DCS engine limitations we can't point the missile itself, we can only control the seeker state. What happens is that the code checks whether the intended target is within the seeker area of where the missile would be if going for the held track and if it is it activates the missile.

the best solution we can do atm is to check wether the real location of the target related to a held track is close enough to the missile for it to be able to see it and then if so activate the seeker.

If the track is reaquired or the target remains inside/near where the WCS extrapolates it to be it should go active as long as it's within the AWG-9 scan zone (i.e. can see the commands). That is how it should be.

I found the Post and the answer as well why you can’t turn cold.  It is possible, that a Phoenix go for a held track and when the target  is in the calculated zone, it activates the missile, but the held track must be in the awg9‘s scanzone. So you can‘t turn cold. 

Now everything is clear for me. 

sorry draconus but thank you very much for your replies 😊

Edited by Steff Bourne