VR causing game to crash or hang (in menu and in mission)

Iridul

Issue: DCS in VR runs for a few minutes and then goes to 1/2 a frame per second. Sometimes this will persist for a minute or two, sometimes it causes a CTD. This happens in the main menu (if you leave the game there for a few minutes) or in missions (both single and multiplayer). In the period before it happens VR appears to be running smoothly at a good (40+) framerate.

System: Core i7 9700k, RTX2070 Super (8GB), 32GB RAM, Oculus Rift S (with powered USB hub), WIndows 10

I have been through various 'VR Optimisation' guides and tested with and without (including things like disabling hotplug etc). None of this seems to make a difference to the issue (though many things do help the base framerate before the issue occurs of course!)

This used to work fine. I spent many hours playing in DCS in VR up until Christmas 2020. I did not play much in January (work) so when I came back to DCS in February this is a new issue for me. Obviously in that period there have been large updates to DCS, Windows, Nvidia and Oculus drivers...

Is this a known issue? Any help or suggestions welcome.

• ED Team

Hi

please attach your dcs log after it happens it may have some clues 

your dcs log can be found in your saved games DCS logs folder, file called dcs. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2