First Impressions. First bugs (?) reports

Falken2

Flew 2 missions and it looks very promising. I like the idea.

It seems mission 2 was a success. We swept the sky from migs, but we had stupid casualties for silly reasons. We shouldn't have any losses because the enemy threat was not high. But :

- Lt Fish shot Lt Hooter with an AMRAAM. Fortunatly Hooter could eject (behind then enemy lines, I think).

- My wingman ejected just before landing. Without ealier warning. I guess it's because he ran out of fuel. They do that. This is a problem : how do you get to know the fuel level of your wingman ? When I asked the carrier for recovery, my voice said the lowest fuel level of the package wich I deduced was my wingman's. He still had 3,000 pounds and we were close to the ship. Can't I ask my wingman his fuel status ? (you could in Falcon 4.0)

So now a few bugs :

1. When I'm in the plane taxiing on the deck, and it happened twice, it seems like I asked for landing. Because ATC officer gives me all the informations (CASE, bearing, radial, etc ...) so I have to declare abort approach, since I want to takeoff.

2. ATC and package COMM presets were inverted on the kneepad in mission 2. Kneeboard says : comm1 preset 1 : carrier. Comm2 preset1 : Package. It was the contrary. Now I know why my wingman did not engage.

3. on recovery request, ATC lady officer constantly repeated the recovery parameters. I had to cut off the radio not to hear it anymore.

4. On XO debrief on the deck I can't see any red circle on the target (F10 map) according to the coordinates.

12 minutes ago, Falken2 said:

Flew 2 missions and it looks very promising. I like the idea.

It seems mission 2 was a success. We swept the sky from migs, but we had stupid casualties for silly reasons. We shouldn't have any losses because the enemy threat was not high. But :

- Lt Fish shot Lt Hooter with an AMRAAM. Fortunatly Hooter could eject (behind then enemy lines, I think).

- My wingman ejected just before landing. Without ealier warning. I guess it's because he ran out of fuel. They do that. This is a problem : how do you get to know the fuel level of your wingman ? When I asked the carrier for recovery, my voice said the lowest fuel level of the package wich I deduced was my wingman's. He still had 3,000 pounds and we were close to the ship. Can't I ask my wingman his fuel status ? (you could in Falcon 4.0)

So now a few bugs :

1. When I'm in the plane taxiing on the deck, and it happened twice, it seems like I asked for landing. Because ATC officer gives me all the informations (CASE, bearing, radial, etc ...) so I have to declare abort approach, since I want to takeoff.

2. ATC and package COMM presets were inverted on the kneepad in mission 2. Kneeboard says : comm1 preset 1 : carrier. Comm2 preset1 : Package. It was the contrary. Now I know why my wingman did not engage.

3. on recovery request, ATC lady officer constantly repeated the recovery parameters. I had to cut off the radio not to hear it anymore.

4. On XO debrief on the deck I can't see any red circle on the target (F10 map) according to the coordinates.

Thanks a lot!

Wow an AI blue on blue? 🙂

That's a good idea, we can add fuel status request by script. Adding it in the to do list. 

1. Didn't have this before unfortunately. Will check it out. 

2. Yes it's fixed for the upcoming update

3. This seems a bug related with the AI wingman and Supercarrier. When you ask your wingman to land it keeps having these calls. Will try it again and report accordingly. 

4 Hmm you didn't have any red circles or do you mean that they didn't match the coordinates ? You should see them after some seconds.

Thanks again 

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Thank you for your answer, Gregzagk ! 

You could add fuel status ? Wouaw, great ! Could you also add weapon status ? It should be added in the module (all modules), not only in the campaign. C'on, tell ED to pay you for that.

4. No, no circle at all. Neither on coordinates, nor anywhere.

1 hour ago, Falken2 said:

Thank you for your answer, Gregzagk ! 

You could add fuel status ? Wouaw, great ! Could you also add weapon status ? It should be added in the module (all modules), not only in the campaign. C'on, tell ED to pay you for that.

4. No, no circle at all. Neither on coordinates, nor anywhere.

😁

These are functions that great community members like Grimes (MiST) have already created and we are able to use along with DCS Scripting engine to get the results in the missions.

About the missing circles, I unfortunately can't think of a reason at the moment. 

They should appear after the debriefing message and should be visible in the F10 map (not in the mission planner).

Please let us know if it still happens for you. Should have some videos soon that can help to check if anything is missed in the process.

Thanks again

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Mission 3 problems report AWACS and package COMM presets still inverted on the kneepad according to the frequencies displayed on UFC and on the kneeboard. But, what really annoying is that is was impossible to contact wingman or AWACS, even on the correct frequencies (inverting radio/channel, to match frequencies displayed on UFC with kneeboard frequencies) nor on the supposed correct channel / correct radio. Haven't tried to set frequency manually. Should have. But situation was hot, with a death and dumb wingman, and a mute AWACS ...

Redone Mission 3 tonight :

- communication problems previously reported solved : good communications with AWACS and Wingman on correct frequencies (so inverted with kneeboard)

- I also got the Red dot on the F10 map corresponding to the next target and matching coordinates of XO debriefing.

Things are much better than yesterday !