Feedback after some play

ataribaby

Decided to put together some feedback after some play.

Overall it is great idea and campaign is very atmospheric with all chatter during missions.

What noticed:

There is some leftover tip 

image.png

Misleading flight callings. In the instructions You are told Phoenix 11 and during missions you are Colt 1-1 - it cost me some time to realize first during AWACS authentication that they ask COLT 11 and that's me. Better to use DCS callings that you gave to flights instead Phoenix. Maybe it is too late to change cos voice overs.

Com1 and Com2 preset plans are somewhat jumbled. I had 305 on com1-1 and 124.40 on com2-1

image.png

Next, in the mission when I got message from HQ that air threat was eliminated (I flew CAP with other three AI packages and I left last one as SEAD) AI pilots starts randomly die for no reason. Looks like they hit terrain or whatever on the way back. My own wingman crashed near boat during my own landing. It looks stupid and breaks immersion after successful mission you just hear series of eject messages in row. This probably goes to DCS AI and nothing can be done about it.

Next, It is very unclear to me what Strike task do when I assign it to AI package. What they will strike?

Do not take me wrong. I love concept and feel of this campaign. I love dynamic or procedural stuff. Take this as small nitpicking feedback in hope this awesome campaign will eventually be better.

Thanks for great product. I do not regret buying it.

Edited by ataribaby

34 minutes ago, ataribaby said:

Decided to put together some feedback after some play.

Overall it is great idea and campaign is very atmospheric with all chatter during missions.

What noticed:

There is some leftover tip 

image.png

Misleading flight callings. In the instructions You are told Phoenix 11 and during missions you are Colt 1-1 - it cost me some time to realize first during AWACS authentication that they ask COLT 11 and that's me. Better to use DCS callings that you gave to flights instead Phoenix. Maybe it is too late to change cos voice overs.

Com1 and Com2 preset plans are somewhat jumbled. I had 305 on com1-1 and 124.40 on com2-1

image.png

Next, in the mission when I got message from HQ that air threat was eliminated (I flew CAP with other three AI packages and I left last one as SEAD) AI pilots starts randomly die for no reason. Looks like they hit terrain or whatever on the way back. My own wingman crashed near boat during my own landing. It looks stupid and breaks immersion after successful mission you just hear series of eject messages in row. This probably goes to DCS AI and nothing can be done about it.

Next, It is very unclear to me what Strike task do when I assign it to AI package. What they will strike?

Do not take me wrong. I love concept and feel of this campaign. I love dynamic or procedural stuff. Take this as small nitpicking feedback in hope this awesome campaign will eventually be better.

Thanks for great product. I do not regret buying it.

Hey thanks a ton for the feedback. 

- Thanks for spotting the leftover.  Will correct for the next update 😑

- Comms - kneeboard is corrected internally and will be available soon.

- Some of the AI behaviour is also improved by making some changes for RTB, Low Flying (meaning the changes we can do from our side - triggers/ scripts)

- About the strike task, probable our fault by missing a good explanation. The AI will attack fortified units (probable got already messages about succesfull fortified units destroyed?). Will make sure it is explained in the manual and mission

Thanks again 🙂

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Another feedback batch.

Some unit placement should be reconsidered to more flat areas. Those armor and shilkas looks strange on such slopes.

image.png

Blue "fake" ground units that are used to mark CAP zones should be set to late activation - if it still makes zones visible in planner or deleted after mission start. For now they ride CAP zone borders in 3d deep in enemy territory.

image.png

Also it will be nice to have F10 view option forced to FOG OF WAR instead ALL.

As last I have bug when I hear AWACS bogey reports even before authenticate.

Edited by ataribaby