Reverb G2 boundaries

X_legio

Every time I restart the computer the G2 lost the boundaries, I made the new ones all is ok but after I shut down and restart the boundaries are gone. Without the boundaires I have problem to use DCS because I lost the forward move I go near the instruments with the head.

The pc station is always the same, no changes and also the light is always the same....

Any guess ?

Just set in the WMR you are playing in seated or standing position. Boundaries will disappear. I play all games like that, in different parts of my room, and don't have problems. More likely, your tracking problems are caused by poor contrast around you. 

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

9 minuti fa, impalor ha scritto:

Just set in the WMR you are playing in seated or standing position. Boundaries will disappear. I play all games like that, in different parts of my room, and don't have problems. More likely, your tracking problems are caused by poor contrast around you. 

But if you setup the G2 without boundaries you lost the moving forward of the view very usefull to go near the instruments. The contrast is not poor a òlot of dark and white object around me.

That's really strange, if I use the seated option when I go forward with the head all the view go forward. Only with boundaires set I can go forward near the instruments. There is another user that open a thread here with the same issue. Solved put the boundaires

You shouldn’t need boundaries. Boundaries are meant only for roomscale games so you don’t hit anything. First check that your room has good enough lighting. Next check that you don’t move stuff too much without clearing environment data. Inside out tracking stores data of your environment and if you move stuff too much, tracking doesn’t know your position anymore and switches to 3dof.

Go to wmr settings and clear environment data. Then teach new seated position (or new standing position if you play roomscale games) and check what happens.

Also check that your glassses are connected to usb3.0 port. In some cases 3.1 can cause problems. 

Edited by divinee

http://dcsfinland.fi/

Dcs: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, MiG-21bis, M2000C, C-101, AJS-37, F-5, MF1, Bf-109K4, AH-64, UH-1, Ka-50, Mi-24, FC3, SC

System: i5-13600k@P58,58,57,57,56,56/E45 Asus TUF 3080Ti OC 12gb, 64gb DDR5 5600cl32, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBrD, Warthog throttle with deltasim slew, MFG Crosswind, DIY ”UFC”, 3x TM MFD’s

I use boundaries with mine without any issue. I have decent size area though.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

15 ore fa, divinee ha scritto:

You shouldn’t need boundaries. Boundaries are meant only for roomscale games so you don’t hit anything. First check that your room has good enough lighting. Next check that you don’t move stuff too much without clearing environment data. Inside out tracking stores data of your environment and if you move stuff too much, tracking doesn’t know your position anymore and switches to 3dof.

Go to wmr settings and clear environment data. Then teach new seated position (or new standing position if you play roomscale games) and check what happens.

Also check that your glassses are connected to usb3.0 port. In some cases 3.1 can cause problems. 

That is really weird, enviroment is very easy a desk with a 34 UWQHD, speakers and the thrustmaster MFD, all in the same position and with good light. Nevear have problems with my rift S. Sadly I have only 3.1 usb port but I don't think that with a 3.1 he lost the Boundaries.... That's really bad for such a fine piece of technology.

There is no way on this earth to let the G2 keep the boundaries, and if I choose the seat setup it's only work on 3 dof not 6 dof.....

After a restart the mixed reality portal always shows the reverb ready but the " Room boundary visual " is off.

On 2/15/2021 at 5:33 PM, X_legio said:

But if you setup the G2 without boundaries you lost the moving forward of the view very usefull to go near the instruments. The contrast is not poor a òlot of dark and white object around me.

Still works on my G2 without boundaries. Just make sure to reposition properly with numpad 5 

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

3 ore fa, Buzzer1977 ha scritto:

Still works on my G2 without boundaries. Just make sure to reposition properly with numpad 5 

I made it, also in the main menu if i go forward all the menu moving forward, don't come near. I can't understand