Getting A.I LiteArmor/Armor/AAA/SAMs to rearm after depleting all ammo/ordnance

StormBat

Hey it's been awhile since I did any Combined Arms, But I do seem to remember that you could get your A.I to rearm somehow after it used all it's ammo.  I Think there has to be a transport truck in the area, and a fuel truck if you want to refuel. Not sure it it was a basic script or something else.  Cheers and thanks all!

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

Yes, the vehicles/units that are capable of rearming should have a black ring (which shows you the zone the units you're rearming have to be inside in order to be rearmed).

Just off the top of my head:

REDFOR:

• Ammunition Depot (the larger one inside static objects -> warehouses)
  • Ural 375
  • GAZ-66
  • Ural 4320 (both of them)
  • ZiL-131 PBU (I think)

BLUFOR:

• Ammunition Depot
  • CCKW 353
  • M818

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

15 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Yes, the vehicles/units that are capable of rearming should have a black ring (which shows you the zone the units you're rearming have to be inside in order to be rearmed).

Just off the top of my head:

REDFOR:

• Ammunition Depot (the larger one inside static objects -> warehouses)
  • Ural 375
  • GAZ-66
  • Ural 4320 (both of them)
  • ZiL-131 PBU (I think)

BLUFOR:

• Ammunition Depot
  • CCKW 353
  • M818

Yes, that sounds right,  I just needed to be reminded,  Thanks mate!  Now will they automatically rearm themselves, or do you have to take control of the vehicle and manually do it with all of them.  Thanks again.  Cheers.

X570S AORUS PRO AX MOTHERBOARD, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core Processor, GIGABYTE GEFORCE RTX 3090 TI, 64GB DDR4(Corsair Vengeance LPX), DARK ROCK PRO 4 250W TDP Heatsink, Corsair AX1600i Power Supply,  2TB SSD, Windows 10 64 Bit  VR: HP Reverb G2, VIRPIL: VPC Constellation ALPHA Prim[R], VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base

Just now, StormBat said:

Yes, that sounds right,  I just needed to be reminded,  Thanks mate!  Now will they automatically rearm themselves, or do you have to take control of the vehicle and manually do it with all of them.  Thanks again.  Cheers.

NP, and nope, last I checked you don't have to do anything, they will automatically rearm so long as they're inside the range defined by the black ring around whatever's supplying the ammunition.

So if you have a SAM launcher for instance, as long as the launcher is inside the black ring around whatever's rearming it, it will rearm automatically as it depletes missiles.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

NP, and nope, last I checked you don't have to do anything, they will automatically rearm so long as they're inside the range defined by the black ring around whatever's supplying the ammunition.

So if you have a SAM launcher for instance, as long as the launcher is inside the black ring around whatever's rearming it, it will rearm automatically as it depletes missiles.

Thanks again Northstar, it's very much appreciated.  Cheers mate.

• Like 1

Just now, StormBat said:

Thanks again Northstar, it's very much appreciated.  Cheers mate.

No worries!

System:

I ran a few brief tests about a year ago (but I never posted them in the forum) and found-

1- Some units never rearm, even if they're within the radius of an ammo truck.

2- Some units rearm at the same speed regardless of whether they're in the radius of an ammo truck or not.

3- Some units have very long reload times even if there's an ammo truck nearby, for example the Vulcan AAA vehicle took 23 mins to reload with an ammo truck nearby.

Sorry i can't remember all the units I tested, so the best bet is for people to set up small tests in the editor to test the specific units they're interested in..:)

PS- and let's never forget that if DCS updates and/or tweaks the game from time to time, all our tests (and tutorials and videos) might become out of date and invalid.

That's why hands-on testing is the best way to go so that our tests are guaranteed to be bang up to date..:)

Edited by PoorOldSpike

3 hours ago, PoorOldSpike said:

I ran a few brief tests about a year ago (but I never posted them in the forum) and found-

1- Some units never rearm, even if they're within the radius of an ammo truck.

2- Some units rearm at the same speed regardless of whether they're in the radius of an ammo truck or not.

3- Some units have very long reload times even if there's an ammo truck nearby, for example the Vulcan AAA vehicle took 23 mins to reload with an ammo truck nearby.

Sorry i can't remember all the units I tested, so the best bet is for people to set up small tests in the editor to test the specific units they're interested in..:)

PS- and let's never forget that if DCS updates and/or tweaks the game from time to time, all our tests (and tutorials and videos) might become out of date and invalid.

That's why hands-on testing is the best way to go so that our tests are guaranteed to be bang up to date..:)

Agreed I think it's still the same.  I got into the new German AAA After being in my Huey for a bit, and it was in rearming mode, it was  over 1500 seconds,  and the seconds were counting down.  I don't know exactly where it started at but ya that's a life time in the gaming world.  I wonder if that can be changed in a lua file, or if it's programmed that way like it or not?

Edited by StormBat

1 hour ago, StormBat said:

Agreed I think it's still the same.  I got into the new German AAA After being in my Huey for a bit, and it was in rearming mode, it was  over 1500 seconds,  and the seconds were counting down.  I don't know exactly where it started at but ya that's a life time in the gaming world.  I wonder if that can be changed in a lua file, or if it's programmed that way like it or not?

Thanks, that jogged my memory because I recall with some units (can't remember which) a message comes up when they're out of ammo saying they have to be manually re-armed with Left-Ctrl-R, and then a countdown clock appears after we hit the combo. 

Edited by PoorOldSpike

15 hours ago, StormBat said:

The problem is the rearming system doesn't replenish individual rounds (well it does, but only for SAMs and rocket artillery AFAIK), it basically reloads the entire ammunition supply; now that's absolutely fine for weapon systems that fire from magazines but for larger calibre guns what it could do is load the rounds one by one, it'll still take the same amount of time to replenish the entire ammunition supply, but now you can keep firing as that happens.

Alternatively, we could have an ammunition trailer/crate unit for these guns or something like that, to extend their ammunition supply without needing replenishment.

Edited by Northstar98

System:

TIP-  in our self-created scenarios if a unit with a long reload time expends all its ammo it becomes useless, so we can make new units of the same type arrive at intervals by giving them an 'activation' time in the editor, say every 5 minutes.

That way, a fresh unit of the same type will arrive throughout the scenario at say 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes so you're guaranteed to always have at least one fresh unit on the map, think of them as newly-arriving 'reinforcements'..:)  

On 2/15/2021 at 2:03 PM, Shadow KT said:

If they stay idle for long enough, they will start re-arming automatically. In the 2020 manual, you can see which vehicles can be used as ammo trucks and how much each unit takes to reload fully.

Do you have a link for the 2020 manual? All of my search results show a CA manual from 2013.

Thanks

4 hours ago, Callsign112 said:

Do you have a link for the 2020 manual? All of my search results show a CA manual from 2013.

Thanks

It is in your game install. Open the Doc folder. You can also find all the official module manuals, with their latest updates in the Mods->aircraft->the module in question-> Docs

• Thanks 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days