What’s the Best option for copying target grid ref, and accessing Kneeboard in VR

Cowboy10uk

Hi guys, I’m considering moving over to VR full time in DCS now the Quest 2 resolution is rather impressive, and I might actually be able to see targets.

Up till now, I’ve only really used VR while flying for transit and in Helos, rather than fighting, so the one thing I’m wondering how to do is using target grid refs, Kneeboards and radio frequencies in VR.

at mo, I use a physical knee pad, to write anything info down as I receive it, which obviously isn’t practical when I’m wearing a VR headset.

What are the best solutions you guys have found?    Some way to copy and past, extra window open in sim, hell maybe even some sort of voice control option. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

the interactive kneeboard as part of voice attack/viacom, is the best mechanism so far 

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I'm a big fan of VR Keeboard (VRK).   Automatically imports mission kneeboard pages from DCS, easy to import and organize your own pages, AND allows you to use an affordable pen tablet (that I strap on my leg like a real kneeboard) to take hand-written notes (fill in 9-lines, etc).   The kneeboard shows up in VR where it would in real life (you can tweak the positioning), and if you like it can automatically enlarge when you focus on it so it is easier to read.

Hello. My mod allow you to copy paste all radio messages from cockpit to the map and display map coordinate in cockpit, just by pressing a key (that you should map to a joystick button)

You can also maintain the display of radio messages in cockpit as long as you want.

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I use the VRK software in combination with a WACOM Intuos S drawing tablet.

Modifying the tablet as a kneeboard is easily done, works intuitively and adds a great deal to immersion.

Also the VRK software makes is very easy to build your own kneeboard layouts.

Kind regards,

WarPig

Current rig: I9 11900K @5.1ghz, MSI RTX4090, MSI MEG Z590 Unity, 64Gb DDR4 RAM @3000mhz

Current apparel: Warthog HOTAS (stick on VIRPIL WarBrd base with 3d printed extension), MFG Crosswind, Saitek throttle quadrant, VRinsight MultiSwitch Panel, WinWing F/A 18c UFC and DDI's, DIY arduino trimwheelset, DIY arduino frontpanel, DIY aluminium cockpitframe, DIY tactile transducer, WACOM Intuos S drawing tablet VR set: Varjo Aero Software: Openkneeboard, SRS, SimShaker

I use a custom kneeboard that I build with Kneeboard Builder.

I have it resized to show up above my dash in the cockpit and toggle it off and on as needed.

I import sections of Chuck's Guide that are relevant to what I am flying.

Has been very valuable during my learning process.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Cheers all.    I’ve gone in the end for Viacom and the interactive kneeboard, which seems to do a lot of what I’m after, I’ve also been offered some amazing help by Weegie, who has very generously offered to do a VA profile for me to do exactly the functionality I’m after.

Huge thanks to everyone who has offered advice, it truly is most appreciated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh: