Cockpit dimension question

Draken35

5 hours ago, Draken35 said:

Trying to adjust my VR setup...

Does anybody here knows the distance between the back of the seat and the stick?

I would like developers to give for each module the real aircraft measurements in given position, like the distance between cockpit sidebars or front canopy. This so that players could use a real world tape ruler to get the matching distance and then match it by changing DCS World Scaling (that wrongly is called as IPD in the game settings) so the model and tape ruler would match.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Depends on your preference and the stats of your MK1s.

I like DCS IPD set to 55 as it just seems to scale everything about right for me.

look down depth is problematic in VR I think.... height above ground and the depth into the pit.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

3 hours ago, Rogue Trooper said:

Depends on your preference and the stats of your MK1s.

I like DCS IPD set to 55 as it just seems to scale everything about right for me.

look down depth is problematic in VR I think.... height above ground and the depth into the pit.

I have this too. The distance to the ground from the F/A-18C, for example, is compressed while the rest of the cockpit looks normal.

I can resolve this by tilting the bottom of the headset slightly away from my nose.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52