Why doesn't thrustmaster move to metal cam based gimbals?

I'm a proud owned of a thrustmaster HOTAS since last 5 months, But sadly I have started to get gimbal issues (unsurprisingly). I really like the grip but I wish they would upgrade to a more modern gimbal like the Vkb or Virpil ones. The gimbal design is more than a decade old, why won't they switch to a metal base considering the best technology seems to be cam based ones?

Just get yourself a Virpil WarBRD base, get rid of the Thrustmaster one and mount it on the Thrustmaster base plate (more stable then the Virpil) and you have what you want.

Extra: You can overwrite the Virpil's VID nr with the one from the Thrustmaster base so the Thrustmaster software still recognize it as a Thrustmaster one.

Drawback: it will set you back a bit of $$.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

4 hours ago, Snape said:

I think if thrustmaster comes up with a cam design a lot of us would spend the extra dollahs

They have to come up with something better than other companies, and they haven´t done that since releasing Hotas Cougar over CH products two decades ago.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

TM probably does not think the cost of the metal gimbal system would get them the type of volume they look for out of their sticks.

But yeah thankfully we have VKB and Virpil that cater to our community.

I have a VKB stick along with a Virpil throttle and could not be happier with both.

Also have the original Virpil stick along with the original Gunfighter stick as well that I have retired.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...