Jester/Iceman and Voice Attack

RPY Variable

I've been trying voice attack and it works great. I can set the TID ranges, lock ahead, break lock, toggle STT, etc... All of this without searching through the jester menu nor needed to remember what key combination or HOTAS button to use. Is way easier to remember, "Jester, radar range 50" than to remember the key combination. The potential is incredible.

The only problem is that it can only be used with the Jester bindings, because jester menu is dynamic, so the key combinations to access Jester sub menus change depending on the situation.

There are two solutions that I can think of:

1. To add more jester and iceman commands. I can do a list of the most important ones on my opinion. 

Jettison Drop Tanks

Radar Silent

Radar Transmit

Jammer RPT

Jammer REC

Chaff Program

Flare Program

TCS Zoom Out

TCS Zoom In

Radar Azimuth 10°/20°/40°/65

Radar elevation angle Middle / Middle High / etc (If my previous post gets taken into consideration)

2. To have the option (on the special menu) that makes the Jester menu not dynamic. That way we can implement as much Voice attack commands as we want. 

Regardless of the two solution it would be nice to have as much Jester and Iceman key bindings as possible. 

Another thing that would bring Jester and iceman to the next level would be to have bindings for numbers and North, South, East and West.
That way we could have a key binding named "Iceman set angels relative" and then with the numbers mapping I can ingress whatever altitude I with Voice Attack. Another example would be, "Jester set steerpoint one” and then I cans say "North, four, six...". Another "Jester set ripple quantity" -> "six".

Knowing that the intruder is next, wouldn't be a bad idea to add more flexibility to the AI crew.

Edited by RPY Variable
  • Like 2

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

Get VAICOM Pro with the AIRIO extension and you can do that and/or add that functionality.

They  also have added some commands that didn’t even exist in the Jester wheel that work pretty well.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Yes, thanks.. I tried it and I didn't liked it. First, it is another thing to open/install/configure, then, I installed it and it rendered the radio menu useless. There must be a reason for that, but I had to start running a full investigation to find out why that happened... it was more a problem than a solution.

I have to admit that the added commands that the extension advertised sounded pretty good. I would be grate to have a similar functionality without having to deal with all that.

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

8 hours ago, bonesvf103 said:

Get VAICOM Pro with the AIRIO extension and you can do that and/or add that functionality.

They  also have added some commands that didn’t even exist in the Jester wheel that work pretty well.

v6,

boNes

I wasted about ten hours and $40 trying to get this to work well. I gave up. I'm now using Bailey's excellent profile.

Regarding the OP, a squadmate was saying if you get VA to do a double input of A at the start of every command, it opens the default menu wheel. Not sure if this is accurate though, as Bailey's profile is doing the job nicely for me.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Sorry you had such a bad experience with it.  I'm not sure why but I've been able to get it to work pretty well, and for things I didn't like I was able to modify to my liking.

In making the radio menu useless, it could be that you had it set to remove menus..this is a setting you can turn on or off.  There is also that the microphone push button must also have a release button, and this is configured in the profile under radio controls.  This is also where you map which radio you want for which PTT.  It's not entirely difficult once you get the hang of it.

I used Bailey's profile at first too, and it is good, but I wanted to do away with the distraction of the Jester wheel coming up and getting in my way when I really need unimpeded visibility for SA.  PLus there were certain commands that were newer such as having Jester choose target size or Supercarrier commands and even air to ground functions or JTAC functionality.

VAICOM Pro does lack in certain things and some things don't make sense logically to me, but overall I like it and have not looked back.  But to each their own I guess.

v6,

boNes

• Like 2

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

21 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

I wasted about ten hours and $40 trying to get this to work well. I gave up. I'm now using Bailey's excellent profile.

Regarding the OP, a squadmate was saying if you get VA to do a double input of A at the start of every command, it opens the default menu wheel. Not sure if this is accurate though, as Bailey's profile is doing the job nicely for me.

Double "A" works perfectly to the default menu, but some submenus menus sometimes change some positions. For example: "Jettison drop tanks" sometimes is on position 1 and sometimes on position 2". Some "Beyond Visual Range" positions change depending if the radar is on transmit or standby.