New 'Invisible FARP' in Editor

StevanJ

Just a notice, the invisible FARP will automatically remove all the trees (and likely buildings too) from its area.

This Invisible FARP was answer for long wish that mission designers could get a service for helicopters, Viggen and Harrier on roadbases, and that the terrain doesn't need to be completely flat like with the visible FARP.

So now you can place invisible FARP on roads or uneven terrain and then have aircraft get ground service in that area.

The downside that I noticed is that it will remove the trees from large area. Rendering it unsuitable for roadbases as those are suppose to be such that aircraft are serviced under trees, and the operation is difficult to spot or impossible to spot from the air as it is just a normal road or small opening middle of nowhere.

Wish there would be two kind invisible FARP's, one that automatically remove the trees, and one that doesn't do it at all. Of course anyone can remove trees and buildings by using a trigger zone and small script to remove all objects inside that area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

1 hour ago, Fri13 said:

Wish there would be two kind invisible FARP's, one that automatically remove the trees, and one that doesn't do it at all.

+1

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, Fri13 said:

Wish there would be two kind invisible FARP's, one that automatically remove the trees, and one that doesn't do it at all. Of course anyone can remove trees and buildings by using a trigger zone and small script to remove all objects inside that area.

3 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

+1

Just a friendly heads-up; Since about a week we have a separate Mission Editor Wishlist sub forum: 

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/816-mission-editor-wish-list/

(I'm a bit surprised about how few wishes are in there at the moment. Would have expected it to explode with overdue missing features :tongue:)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just now, sirrah said:

Just a friendly heads-up; Since about a week we have a separate Mission Editor Wishlist sub forum:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/816-mission-editor-wish-list/

(I'm a bit surprised about how few wishes are in there at the moment. Would have expected it to explode with overdue missing features :tongue:)

Thanks, a good place to put all...

4 hours ago, dark_wood said:

In order to use it easier, place some ground units around it

Which ground units?

I placed this in a field, spawned a unit, and couldnt resupply or talk to ground units..
I was hoping for a little input into the 'minimum requirements' of having this on a road anywhere and then having the ability to just land and resupply.

1 hour ago, StevanJ said:

Which ground units?

I placed this in a field, spawned a unit, and couldnt resupply or talk to ground units..
I was hoping for a little input into the 'minimum requirements' of having this on a road anywhere and then having the ability to just land and resupply.

Depends on what side you are. But example on the NATO side you need to have HEMTT TFFT, Tanker M978 HEMTT and Transport M818. Possibly you don't need the first TFFT one, but I have it there anyways as it looks cooler.

For the WARSAW side you need to have Fuel truck of choice, like ATMZ-5, Transport Ural-375 and maybe third one.

2 hours ago, StevanJ said:

Which ground units?

See this post: 

You will find a table with units inside

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 8:38 AM, Fri13 said:

Just a notice, the invisible FARP will automatically remove all the trees (and likely buildings too) from its area.

Glad I found this. Made me crazy while trying to create a FARP in Normandy map for helicopters in a confined area.

Last time I created the mission and flew it and the trees were there. Today reopened the mission and the trees were gone. Something inconsistent happening here too. So not all trees seem to get removed. Does anyone know, how large this radius is?

1 minute ago, gulredrel said:

Does anyone know, how large this radius is?

Not doing accurate measurement, but I think it is just the old FARP (the ugly 4-airpads) but without any 3D models, and so on it likely occupies the same area. 

Thanks, will try something. Maybe I can move the FARP to the side and place the unit as takeoff from ground within the radius, so that refueling / rearming works.

I created this topic, if someones interested, you could comment.

edit:

I think it's around 100m radius, but not all objects / trees react the same way. It's a bit trial and error and compromise between being able to rearm and refuel and the removal of objects. In the example below farp is 100m away from helicopter but only the treeline in the south which would close the rectangular around the landing area has been removed.

image.png

Edited by gulredrel

• 1 year later...

Hi. I've just started trying to place one of these in a mission but even selecting it in the static units menu causes a CTD. I have done a DCS Cleanup and Repair but it still happens.
Any advice?

Thanks 🙂

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System