Zone 5 - Multicrew Compatible?

Wing

Thanks Wing!

Not at the moment. It uses triggered radio transmissions, which don't work in MP due to a bug. Also, official campaign can't use aircraft set to 'client'

This being said, the 3 practice missions are set to client so they SHOULD work once the radio bug is fixed by ED. You can try those in MP, and if it works I can include an alternate 'client' version in the folder.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 8:28 AM, Reflected said:

This being said, the 3 practice missions are set to client so they SHOULD work once the radio bug is fixed by ED. You can try those in MP, and if it works I can include an alternate 'client' version in the folder.

I'm not sure if I understand that correctly: You want to include an alternate client version of the campagn in the folder? That means we would be able to host a multiplayer server and play each missions from there? If I'm not mistaken that would also mean, that those files would loose their copy protection. I hope you're aware of that?

If so that would be really cool, and I and my buddies would buy the crap out of it, as we would love to play such well made DLC campaigns in coop:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I don't really know how it would work with protection. It cannot be unprotected that's for sure.

Anyhow, the point is moot, because this campaign uses triggered radio transmissions which are not currently compatible with multiplayer - and that's not in my power to fix it.

It's best to test it with the practice missions - those are already set to client.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Spartan111sqn said:

Hi @Reflected, thanks for the campaign, so you know if ED has it on their priorities?, as I already previously told to you, ZONE 5 campaign in COOP must be amazing flying with a human wingman.

Keep pushing.

Check your six!.

The 3 practice missions that come with the campaign are already coop compatible. In addition, I'm adding 2 more in the next update. I hope the radio issue will be solved.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

So does RIO needs to own campaign as well? I tried to host mission 9 or 5 multicrew version, and RIO cant even join the slot. There is no slot for him to join. I never seen anything like this before, is it because of mission anticopy protection or something?

Or does RIO also needs skins to be installed?

Edited by The_Tau

• 2 months later...

Any update on this? Both my buddy and I have it installed, I would like to host the missions so we can fly as a crew

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

1 hour ago, Darkdiz said:

Any update on this? Both my buddy and I have it installed, I would like to host the missions so we can fly as a crew

As I said above, try one of the coop missions or one of the practice missions. If they work, great, if the radio transmissions still don't work properly, provide a track to ED. There is nothing else I can do here. That's why intend to stay far away from coop versions in the future.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Reflected said:

As I said above, try one of the coop missions or one of the practice missions. If they work, great, if the radio transmissions still don't work properly, provide a track to ED. There is nothing else I can do here. That's why intend to stay far away from coop versions in the future.

No worries, was just wondering.  Haven't flown it yet, but it looks really well done 🙂

😞 on you not doing Coop versions

Talent hits a target no one else can hit, genius hits a target no one else can detect

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU@4.5Ghz, ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, 64GB Corsair Venegence DDR 3200 RAM, MSI Rtx 3060 12GB Primary GPU, ASUS GTX 1650 4GB Secondary GPU, 40" 1920x1080 Samsung Monitor, 32" 1360x768 Sony Monitor, 32" Dynex 1360x768 Monitor, 1TB Seagate Firecuda M2 PCIe 4 OS SSD, 2TB Western Digital Blue M2 PCIe 3 storage SSD, 8TB Samsung 870QVO storage SSD, Western Digital Blue 1TB storage SATA, 2x Thrustmaster T16000 (LH and RH), Warthog Joy/Throttle/TPRS, 6 x Cougar MFDs (4 with Generic VGA 800x600 displays), Track IR 5 with IR Trackstar V3, Logitech G910 Tactile Keyboard, Logitech G604 Lightspeed Mouse, Logitech F310 Gamepad, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Soul: None (sold long ago to the MGOMU, also known as Princess)

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2021 at 2:28 AM, Reflected said:

Thanks Wing!

Not at the moment. It uses triggered radio transmissions, which don't work in MP due to a bug. Also, official campaign can't use aircraft set to 'client'

Will this ever be fixed? What if I fall back to an earlier version of dcs? Also, it would have been nice to address this somewhere. I thought I was having a Mandela Effect moment until I realized I sent the intro pdf to a friend.
Thanks.

Zone5_Introduction_Doc.png

*Social Media*

twitch/sBryansGames

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has anyone been able to get the multi crew working?? I want to run these with a buddy. We both have the campaign, so is it possible whatsoever?

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2