DMH and Steering Cue Wrong

Screen grab shows navigating to Kobuleti: Bearing 252, Desired Magnetic Heading (DMH) showing as 255 in the CDU. Marker on HUD is showing the same. However, wind is at 173 i.e. left to right, so surely i should be steering a heading less than the bearing not greater. Velocity marker in HUD is showing drift to the right which is as expected with wind at 173 and is showing SP to left of centre as expected when steering DMH255 to a steer point that is at 252. I think there is a bug where the DMH calculation has a sign error . 

Flying on from this point if you steer to the marker you are constantly having to adjust to the left. If you of set your course the same amount the other way the FPM and SP mark align and you flight straight there with no adjustment needed.

DMH error.png

DMH error.trk

Edited by stuart4544
Track added

Lot of people (me included) reported long time ago that the Caucasus map is not properly oriented. As a result of that lof of calculations are a mess. It seems that the error matches the magnetic variation (6-7 degrees in Caucasus map). I you fly strait to any waypoint (no wind centered on hud), you will see it on TAD on the left side. Still unresolved.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

This is already reported to the team, 

I do not have an update on this issue currently however. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Wags locked this topic