NS 430 module on steam

sergkar

@sergkar That is correct, neither the C-101EB, C-101CC or Gazelle NS430 3D Cockpit kits are available on Steam.

The "All-in-one" NS430 Module sold on Steam includes the base 2D "popup" and 3D cockpit integration for the L-39 and Mi-8 (all made by ED/Belsimtek). It does NOT include addons created by 3rd party developers.

The base 2D "popup" works with the C-101 and Gazelle but is not compatible with VR.

It's unknown when or if 3rd party NS430 addons will be made available on Steam.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Just to clarify. What you're saying is that the addon for 3rd party modules is also created by those?

I read at least from the steam reviews that the addon is also rather unfinished or say not complete implemented. They write about missing parts of maps, no integration of radio and non implemented pages and dysfunctional buttons. I'm not sure how up to date that is because the description says it's still only openbeta, but some say it has been like that since 2017. So it seems rather unlikely that more is going to happen in the next future.

Those are all accurate.

NS430 hasn't received any substantial updates for three years now, and even before that, none of the advertised base functions worked properly. There is no comms or nav integration, contrary to what the sales blurb suggests. The GPS navigation isn't working properly. Its only real functionality is to act as a moving map in aircraft that don't have that. It has been like this since its first release.

It is very generous to even call it beta stage, and there has been no indication that it will leave its current abandoned state any time soon.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

7 hours ago, sergkar said:

Just to clarify. What you're saying is that the addon for 3rd party modules is also created by those?

Yes.

The integration  of the NS430 into 3rd party cockpits requires those dev's to create a 3D NS430 model and/or re-work their existing cockpit to "Fit" the NS430. These 3D "cockpit fitting kits" are sold for ~$6 each and while not particularly good value, do allow VR use and the dev's to recover their costs.

The functionality (or not) of the NS430 is entirely determined by ED's base NS430 and hasn't changed significantly since release.

If looking for a detailed or full functioning representation of a Garmin GNS 430, you will need to look elsewhere.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198018615750/recommended/933980?snr=1_5_9__402

Edited by Ramsay
  • Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Well, I read - as I know now - your review, pretty decent one by the way. I stole that idea with the garmin trainer. They also offer quite many of those.

Also I've already decided that it's not worth it. I couldn't buy it for other models on steam anyway - and a transfer from ed store to steam is equally impossible.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, Ramsay said:

@sergkar That is correct, neither the C-101EB, C-101CC or Gazelle NS430 3D Cockpit kits are available on Steam.

The "All-in-one" NS430 Module sold on Steam includes the base 2D "popup" and 3D cockpit integration for the L-39 and Mi-8 (all made by ED/Belsimtek). It does NOT include addons created by 3rd party developers.

So, that implies that the 3D-implementation is different between the C-101/SA342 implementation (Aerges) and the L-39/Mi-8 implementation (Belsimtek)?

If so, could there be a separate product on Steam for the former?