Datalink doesn't work

Alaxa
Go to solution Solved by Badlego,

• Alaxa changed the title to Datalink doesn't work
  • Solution

DL switch is not referring to Link-16 but to some other system which is not implemented in the viper block we have here, AFAIK. Therefore it is a dead switch without any functions. The Map switch is also not necessary.

Without a track it is not possible to see what the issue is. The screenshots do not help as they do not show, i. e. the align status of your plane or if it is an airborne start or cold start on the ground.

Edited by Badlego

14 minutes ago, Badlego said:

DL switch is not referring to Link-16 but to some other system which is not implemented in the viper block we have here, AFAIK. Therefore it is a dead switch without any functions. The Map switch is also not necessary.

Without a track it is not possible to see what the issue is. The screenshots do not help as they do not show, i. e. the align status of your plane or if it is an airborne start or cold start on the ground.

Thank you

Well.. It seems I need to learn all things from cold and dark again :///

Edited by Alaxa

I have been reading around forums(and tried it).Link-16 relies alot on proper alignment so when your on the ground and you start your alignment hit enter on your lat and lon coordinates with in a min. or two of you starting your alignment. fixed the link-16 problem you are having. I was having the same issue and that fixed mine. Hope this helps! safe flying!

Edited by frasberry

19 hours ago, Badlego said:

Thanks a lot for the insight👌

A good thing to keep in mind is that A-A TACAN can interfere with D/L. I don't know if you know about yardstick, but basically if you have two aircraft tune TACAN channels that are 63 channels apart you can get distance between between the two aircraft. I don't have the scientific explanation for it, but IIRC it's something about the channels doubling in frequency or something. So as you can see in the illustration below for A-A TACAN, channels 1-36 and their respective "sister" channels 63 above are unavailable. If these are tuned it will most likely interfere with D/L. So make sure that the mission you're flying have all A-A TACAN set to 37-63 and 100-126. It doesn't necessarily be the cause of the issue you're having, but it's a good thing to keep in mind.

Tacan.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante