DCS minimum requirement is GTX1070 according to steam? And what is gtx2080ti?

Recommended VR system requirements

It says directly above it. VR being virtual reality headsets such as the Oculus Rift.

If you're asking more specifically what is a 2080ti compared to a 1070 , it's a newer generation, more powerful card. The first two numbers are the generation. Recent cards for Nvidia are the

900 series

1000 series

2000 series

3000 series

AMD cards are

5600/5700

6700/6800/6900

The last sets of numbers show their power in that generation. For example

1060 <- Start here

1070  faster

1080  faster

1080ti   fastest

Understand?

VR is a lot more demanding than using a monitor. So they recommend a 2080ti, instead of a 1080. It's not a ''mistake''. VR requires a LOT of power.

Edited by zhukov032186
Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov

Mhm, the minimum requirements seems to be wrong. The official download site and Discord say that the minimum requirements are:

Minimum system requirements (LOW graphics settings): OS 64-bit Windows 8/10; DirectX11; CPU: Intel Core i3 at 2.8 GHz or AMD FX; RAM: 8 GB (16 GB for heavy missions); Free hard disk space: 60 GB; Discrete video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 / AMD R9 280X or better; requires internet activation.

gpu-NVIDIA-name-decoding.png

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 1

My skins

6 hours ago, zhukov032186 said:

Recommended VR system requirements

It says directly above it. VR being virtual reality headsets such as the Oculus Rift.

If you're asking more specifically what is a 2080ti compared to a 1070 , it's a newer generation, more powerful card. The first two numbers are the generation. Recent cards for Nvidia are the

900 series

1000 series

2000 series

3000 series

AMD cards are

5600/5700

6700/6800/6900

The last sets of numbers show their power in that generation. For example

1060 <- Start here

1070  faster

1080  faster

1080ti   fastest

Understand?

VR is a lot more demanding than using a monitor. So they recommend a 2080ti, instead of a 1080. It's not a ''mistake''. VR requires a LOT of power.

iam using  a  1080ti   using  vr  and  having  no issues

That's because it's actually only a little less capable than the RTX2080ti. I bought one used for this reason (a late variant with higher performance and 11GB VRAM, at that). It's the best bang for buck you can currently get.

14 hours ago, pete_auau said:

iam using  a  1080ti   using  vr  and  having  no issues

Thus the word ''recommended'', and not ''required''. I also use a 1080ti with an Oculus Rift. Does it work? Yes. Do I have to make a lot of compromises in settings to make it work? Also yes. Is it ideal? Clearly not, especially if you're using an actually decent headset. Thus, it's workable, but better is recommended. At the time the list was written, the 2080ti was ''the best'' available. Which is generally ''recommended'' for VR. Running at low/mid settings is not ''no issue'' it's ''it barely works''.

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_mpv4v0zasI1rg41uj.gif

The troll formerly known as Zhukov