F-15C analog RPM readout error

Jarhead0331

I've been giving some love to the FC3 aircraft just for a more relaxing change of pace and I've been running through some great training missions for the F-15C. I can't help but notice that the needles on the analog RPM indicators appear to be backward. In other words, when I apply throttle, the nozzles and RPM readouts get smaller toward zero, rather than getting higher. Is this a known bug or is it something in my setup? Thanks.

I just tested it at latest beta and it's correct as is. RPM% indicator was not reversed. Nozzles control is more complicated - when idle and gear down they are open and close when you advance the throttle. With gear up - the nozzles are closed until about MIL and above. Indicators show this correctly.

Edited by draconus
  • Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

22 hours ago, Jarhead0331 said:

I've been giving some love to the FC3 aircraft just for a more relaxing change of pace and I've been running through some great training missions for the F-15C. I can't help but notice that the needles on the analog RPM indicators appear to be backward. In other words, when I apply throttle, the nozzles and RPM readouts get smaller toward zero, rather than getting higher. Is this a known bug or is it something in my setup? Thanks.

No, when you apply throttle, RPMs and FTIT rise.   Nozzles may snap closed as you add power, this is done to increase the pressure of the gas  as it exits thus producing more thrust but ... like draconus pointed out, it's complicated and not linear.

If your needles and readouts are doing the opposite of this, check axis mapping.

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda