are editor tracks treated differently than the regular mission tracks?

I've been messing around with the community A4E and using it to train for carrier operations. I have edited a mission to use the A4 and F14. The mission was originally set up for the F18/14 combo. This mission does not appear in the A4 mission lists, but i can navigate to it using the editor and launch it from there. I have had mixed success with watching tracks after the fact. More often than not they just show whatever I was saw at the time rather than allowing me view from the outside and say the lso stand for the carrier.

In this case the aircraft can be watched from the outside, but track plays out differently than it did in the real thing. When i exit the log has all the events that occurred in the   actual flight but in watching the track, it never gets to any of them because it shows me hitting blast deflector... which i don't recall happening in the mission. I'm not sure what's going on. 

Tracks are the mission and a set of reproduction instructions. This makes the files much, much smaller than if they were literally an exact replay. This can cause different behavior especially if the version or mods were changed. In theory reproduction is exact but small differences can add up, especially with time acceleration.

Depending on your review needs the program TacView can be a good tool as it does record where the airplane is. It's not exact and not good for everything but reviewing an approach it might be the better tool than the in-game replay.

• Like 1

well I gave up  and decided forget fancy premade missions and figured i'd just build a special mission from the ground up with supercarrier assets and the right aircraft so there would be no issue with the sim identifying which aircraft it belonged to... silly me. when I got to the aircraft placement screen  in this video ... i dont even have that option max zoom is just a vanilla carrier icon without the detail to place aircraft etc. I don't know if its me or database error but i seem to be Gilligan in a land populated by professors.  

Edited by FlyingTaco21

I got my first three wire... great i watched the video its was pretty good was about to use external view zoom etc . Watched it again after I had saved the track and im watching a movie of how i changed views during the first watch? is the first watch  of a track an editing process where it locks in camera angles and such? 

yep... i just watched a track where I hit the one wire. Not the best, but much better than what was on the track .. which showed me setting up a very nice approach into the ocean. I mean I like the challenge of the carrier landing...  but this difficulty is redundant.  

Edited by FlyingTaco21