Lights and doors

joojoo

Hey to all

I would like to ask 3 things since I am new in CA

1. could I turn on the lights when I operate in night invironment?

2. Could I open the doors of the vehicles?

3. When I use a vehicle a tank for instance can I change between the main and the secondary guns?

Thanx 

I don't know about doors but I know how to see in the dark and switch weapons, look-

1-  The gunners day view

2.jpg

3- The gunners night view-

3.jpg

4- Key 'N' for gunners night vision

(you can turn the brightness up or down with Rt-Ctr-N and Rt-Alt-N)

4.jpg

5- Rt-Sh-N for infra-red vision

5.jpg

To change ammo and weapons hit key 'E' to cycle through main gun AP and HE, and MG

(the readout is at bottom right of the screen in all the pics but it's faint and hard to see)

Edited by PoorOldSpike

10 hours ago, PoorOldSpike said:

I don't know about doors but I know how to see in the dark and switch weapons, look-...

The information is for the OP, but the question is for you. First of all, thanks for the detailed post.

In the DCS: Combined Arms sub forum, you will see a pinned thread titled "Video Guide" by Dr.lex. This thread contains part 1 video and is an excellent information source for basic features and functions in Combined Arms. My question is, are you aware if there are any other video guides made by the same author? In the first video, it makes mention of a part 2, but I cannot find a link to it anywhere. I am assuming that it was never finished/released, but just wanted to ask in case your aware of it. 

I don't know what videos are available but i rarely watch them anyway because they might be out of date and might refer only to older versions of the game.

I prefer "hands on" testing, for example my screenshots above are from tests I did yesterday, so they're absolutely up to date and brand spanking new..:)

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2021 at 2:11 AM, Callsign112 said:

The information is for the OP, but the question is for you. First of all, thanks for the detailed post.

In the DCS: Combined Arms sub forum, you will see a pinned thread titled "Video Guide" by Dr.lex. This thread contains part 1 video and is an excellent information source for basic features and functions in Combined Arms. My question is, are you aware if there are any other video guides made by the same author? In the first video, it makes mention of a part 2, but I cannot find a link to it anywhere. I am assuming that it was never finished/released, but just wanted to ask in case your aware of it. 

The videos you are referring to, were originally made in russian with a plan to be translated in English, but unfortunately, only the first video, out of three,  got translated.

On the same channel, you can find the other two parts in russian.

I have been dabbling with the idea to create an in-depth Combined Arms tutorial, but have not yet done so.

• Thanks 1

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

8 hours ago, Shadow KT said:

The videos you are referring to, were originally made in russian with a plan to be translated in English, but unfortunately, only the first video, out of three,  got translated.

On the same channel, you can find the other two parts in russian.

I have been dabbling with the idea to create an in-depth Combined Arms tutorial, but have not yet done so.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a link for the channel, all I can find on YouTube is part 1. I don't know if Dr.lex was responsible for the translation, or if he just made it available for the community, but I was very impressed with both its quality and content. It would be a helpful to the CA module if the other 2 parts were translated, but anyone new to it should start there to get the basics of vehicle control.