HP Reverb G2 - DCS only via Steam?

shd1hornet

You will use SteamVR, but you do not have to put DCS in your Steam library.  SteamVR and Windows Mixed Reality are two free programs that you will download from Steam and use.  The DCS stand alone version works just fine.  You start SteamVR first then start DCS like you normally would.

Hope this helps

Edited by Tshark
  • Like 3

i9 10900KF 3.70GHz (5.30GHz Turbo), MSI RTX 4090 OC 24GB, ASUS Z590-E GAMING Motherboard, CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, 2TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, Virpil Alpha Joystick, T-50CM3 Throttle, MFG Xwind rudder pedals, Pimax Crystal VR.

With the Reverb G2 you should have both Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR and Steam VR installed.

I myself prefer the beta versions of both these programs. You get WMR for Steam VR from Steam.

As mentioned stand alone DCS works just fine in VR with this.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

1 hour ago, shd1hornet said:

ok. Thank you.

Will mean: some of the DCS modules aren't compatible with Steam and will not be usable...?!

There are no modules that only work in steam, licencing is a different matter, if you have licenced modules from steam and want to use them in normal DCS then you can one time transfer the licence from steam to DCS

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

vor 34 Minuten schrieb speed-of-heat:

There are no modules that only work in steam, licencing is a different matter, if you have licenced modules from steam and want to use them in normal DCS then you can one time transfer the licence from steam to DCS

will mean that if I have only DCS (not Steam-) licences: my modules will work without having anything to change in the new setup?

Just to make things clear: You don't have to use the Steam version of DCS to run it with the G2. You just have to install "Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR" and "SteamVR" within Steam and then start "Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR"  via Steam before staring your non-Steam DCS. There are no licence questions.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 2