HP Reverb G2 - DCS only via Steam?

Hi!

Stupid question: is it obligatory to run DCS via Steam when using the HP Reverb G2?

I am currently running the Rift S and intend to upgrade to the G2.

Thank you in advance.

😀

Kind regards

Robert

Yes it is.

• Confused 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

You will use SteamVR, but you do not have to put DCS in your Steam library.  SteamVR and Windows Mixed Reality are two free programs that you will download from Steam and use.  The DCS stand alone version works just fine.  You start SteamVR first then start DCS like you normally would.

Hope this helps

Edited by Tshark
  • Like 2

With the Reverb G2 you should have both Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR and Steam VR installed.

I myself prefer the beta versions of both these programs. You get WMR for Steam VR from Steam.

As mentioned stand alone DCS works just fine in VR with this.

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Samsung 970 Pro, 970 Evo 1TB m.2 Nvme |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | 

1 hour ago, shd1hornet said:

ok. Thank you.

Will mean: some of the DCS modules aren't compatible with Steam and will not be usable...?!

There are no modules that only work in steam, licencing is a different matter, if you have licenced modules from steam and want to use them in normal DCS then you can one time transfer the licence from steam to DCS

• Confused 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 3090 XC3, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb G2 @ 2836 x 2768
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView

VR Stuff:   My Settings for 3090 and G2  My Settings for 1080ti  Shaders MOD for VR  My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable, Patch Status

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

vor 34 Minuten schrieb speed-of-heat:

There are no modules that only work in steam, licencing is a different matter, if you have licenced modules from steam and want to use them in normal DCS then you can one time transfer the licence from steam to DCS

will mean that if I have only DCS (not Steam-) licences: my modules will work without having anything to change in the new setup?

Just to make things clear: You don't have to use the Steam version of DCS to run it with the G2. You just have to install "Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR" and "SteamVR" within Steam and then start "Windows Mixed Reality for Steam VR"  via Steam before staring your non-Steam DCS. There are no licence questions.

Edited by Tom Kazansky
  • Like 1