NWS & Relaunching from catapult

Cpt Cuckoo

1) Often when  driving my F18 on the carrier deck the NWS doesn't work properly and instead of turning away from the edge of the deck it goes straight, sometimes into the ocean. It's random.

2) Sometimes, after landing on a carrier and rearming and refueling the crew ignores me at the catapult and wont hook me up. 

Are they bugs? (This is the Stable Version)

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo
(This is the Stable Version)

Start your roll before turning. NWS HI deflects the nose gear so much that too much thrust will overpower the wheel traction and it just slides. Taxi RPM should be no greater than 75%, and turns should be made in idle.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

2 hours ago, Tholozor said:

Start your roll before turning. NWS HI deflects the nose gear so much that too much thrust will overpower the wheel traction and it just slides. Taxi RPM should be no greater than 75%, and turns should be made in idle.

I'll make sure to attempt that.

1. You can't turn on "hi" wigh to much spped, the tire will slide sideways, you have to be very slow and AFAIR NATOPS says that turns should be done on engines on idle.

2. You have to contact ground crew on comms menu and ask for a launch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cpt Cuckoo said:

1) Often when  driving my F18 on the carrier deck the NWS doesn't work properly and instead of turning away from the edge of the deck it goes straight, sometimes into the ocean. It's random.

EDIT: I just found out by accident that this occurs when the parking break is not on. Someone should have mentioned that in those tutorials I watched.

I'm assuming there is a typo in there and you meant the parking brake needs to be OFF while taxing?  Having the parking brake on is not going to do anything helpful while taxing.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:28 AM, rob10 said:

I'm assuming there is a typo in there and you meant the parking brake needs to be OFF while taxing?  Having the parking brake on is not going to do anything helpful while taxing.

OH hell....... That "Edit" was meant for another post I made about INS alignment. I just deleted it out of the comment.